Actually...Yes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually...Yes!

I guess that most of you saw the two part series last year called It Was Allright in the 1970s. Which was yet another of those cheapo talking heads shows, featuring people that (for the most part) didn't know what the hell they were actually talking about. I'm not a fan of these shows, which like to sneer at the past, and say cr@p like "The '70s, the decade style forgot." which is blatant bull as there were some very stylish people around back then. (Mods, etc.)

I'll give the programme its due though; At one point when they featured the "sexist!" Miss World Competition which was on mainstream TV for years (satellite only now) to howls of derision, someone who looked over 30 years of age pointed out that, actually there WERE complaints about these shows at the time they were originally transmitted. They were not just lapped up by the stupid British public. And there was no mention of Mary Whitehouse and her brigade.

I recall The Black and White Minstrel show when it was top Saturday night TV for some - Not me I hasten to add. I was bewildered by it back in 1977, and couldn't understand why it had to follow beloved Tom Baker in Dr Who Anyway, its long gone.

The decade was not perfect...But yes, it WAS allright!

Any opinions??
    No nonsense please...

Re: Actually...Yes!

Love Thy Neighbour I loved watching, as the black guy (Rudolph Walker, now of Eastenders fame) gave back as good as he got from his racist white neighbour. I very much doubt it would be aired today, whereas Till Death Us Do Part, starring Alf Garnet still is aired. Both programmes racist, but only one deemed suitable by the powers that be nowadays
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
    X