Sweet Peas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet Peas

Did anyone remember growing sweet peas in your gardens,the pretty colours and the fragrance was superb,they were always grown in the veggie patch propped up with sticks and chicken wire

Re: Sweet Peas

I remember my Dad growing them in the garden, with the help of bean sticks & strawberry netting.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I remember my Dad growing them in the garden, with the help of bean sticks & strawberry netting.
      In them days it was annuals only, now you can get sweet peas perenials also dwarf varieties which is ideal,hence they only grow to 12 inches max and can be put into pots without the tall canes to support them.

I am trying dwarf ones this year also the taller ones.

Comment

Love the smell of sweet peas. Nan used to have them all round the house. Helps to keep cutting them as they produce more flowers. I am tempted to put in a few this year.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
          Love the smell of sweet peas. Nan used to have them all round the house. Helps to keep cutting them as they produce more flowers. I am tempted to put in a few this year.
          Why not they say to soak the seeds for 24 hrs before sowing or leave in the fridge for a day.

This will be my third year for growing them the hardest part is getting them to germinate,but once they do theres no stopping them.I shall be putting mine in pots,also trying a row in my cottage garden border

Comment

Working...
          X