Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any fridge - freezer experts out there !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fridge - freezer experts out there !?

Looks like our Indesit fridge-freezer is beggared

It started making weird noises a few weeks ago then the fridge stopped working ....I did a google search .... ended up taking the internal back panel off ( situated in the freezer section ) and it was basically a block of ice .... using a hairdryer / hot water bottle and an ice pick I cleared all the ice , dried the area up and plugged it in again .... all fixed or so I thought ..... a week later it happened again so I followed the same procedure .... not as much ice this time ...... fixed again EXEPT this time the fix only lasted a day or so and the fridge is nearly room temp again

Don't know if it's best to pay someone to try and fix it including a call out fee .....or get a new one ...The fridge is 4 years old .

Re: Any fridge - freezer experts out there !?

Anyone ??

Comment

If it can be repaired then ask how much he would charge.Go from there or buy new what is the make of your fridge by the way

Comment

Cheaper to buy new one these days cost to repair be morei think
        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

It's an Indesit

Comment

Our fridge-freezer (Hotpoint Quadrio) started icing up very badly recently. As it was still (just) within the extended warranty period, we got an engineer to come out and he diagnosed a faulty seal on the freezer door, which was preventing the ice-free function from working properly. He replaced it in around 30 minutes and it's been fine since.

Comment

Our Hotpoint does the same thing. once every few months I have to unscrew the inside of the freezer and blast out a VHS sized block of ice, which is blocking the flow of cold air to the fridge dept.
              There is no fix I know except that.
              can tell when it needs doing as fridge temp gets warmer

Pain in the bloody ****
              Buy a new one

Comment

Always handy to have a fridge thermometer we have one,our fridge was playing up a few months ago

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                  Our Hotpoint does the same thing. once every few months I have to unscrew the inside of the freezer and blast out a VHS sized block of ice, which is blocking the flow of cold air to the fridge dept.
                  There is no fix I know except that.
                  can tell when it needs doing as fridge temp gets warmer

Pain in the bloody ****
                  Buy a new one
                  The repair guy went bonkers when I admitted that I'd had the cover off and blasted it with a hair dryer . He said I'd probably blown some fuses and valves that are heat sensitive .So we paid him £20 call out fee and he said to unplug it for 3 days . We left it unplugged for 5 days , plugged it in and it's worked perfectly ever since ...

Comment

My fridge freezer started making a few odd buzzing noises a few months after I got it, along with not freezing properly.

I called an engineer out who diagnosed it as a faulty relay, & needed to replaced a circuit board, after this was done it's worked fine ever since.

Lucky for me it was in warranty.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                    X