Comment

Re: Australia or USA?

I'd love to know if Skippy is still alive lol

He would say to the kid "Click click click click"

The kid would say "What Skippy? There's a kid down the well?"

Translation of Skippy's language?

"Oi give me some leaves I'm hungry" lol
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        I'd love to know if Skippy is still alive lol

He would say to the kid "Click click click click"

The kid would say "What Skippy? There's a kid down the well?"

Translation of Skippy's language?

"Oi give me some leaves I'm hungry" lol
        Haha! Yeah we all love Skippy! I had a custom-made kangaroo made when i was a child, complete with Joey, it had light brown fair, mums friend was a sewing machinest and she made them one Christmas.

Comment

As a kid I used to fantasize about both Skippy, and Flipper, which was set in Florida. I've been to San Francisco, lived in Seattle and Alaska, but I'd like to see New York City most I guess because of the history.
          My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Sonny Hammond (IIRC) his name, played the kid

When Sonny moved onto other things, Skippy & Joey were shelved, until only recently to see the light of day
            Last edited by Twocky61; 22-01-2018, 09:51. Reason: Context
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Being Australian and having seen much of my homeland America is now well and truly top of our bucket list.

Comment

America Arizona route 66 baby

Comment

My daughter is honeymooning in Oz at the moment, she is having a ball (no jokes please)
                  Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Two different cultures, though both having English as their native language
                    Which one would you prefer to spend a holiday/vacation?

For me it would be Australia
                    I would also prefer Australia, of course. For me, it's important to live in the sunny climate conditions.

Comment

Well, the first time I ever got to 'meet' a wallaby in person it was at a U.S. zoo, so I have to give points for that, but truly I'd love to be able to take a boat down under and see the wallabies there in larger numbers. I think they're the cutest things and had a toy stuffie one that was special to me for years as a kid, my wallababy. I have relatives from Holland who did the visit to Victoria province to visit and stay with some of my uncle's relatives (but they wouldn't be mine except through him), and they brought me a couple of wall hangings, one with 'roos, and also a letter opener (I used to write letters) with a 'roo as the handle which i still have if I don't really use much now. Also I used to watch Home And Away for a few years and like to watch surfing.

If I hadn't already been all over the U.S. west coast, far north and farthest south, I might feel differently, but Australia for sure! Don't expect me to develop a taste for vegemite though.
                      My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I don't speak kangaroo.

Comment

I've been to the US several times now and have no desire to return, I'd like to visit Australia but I think that will have to wait for my retirement all being well.
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                          X