Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia or USA?

Two different cultures, though both having English as their native language

Which one would you prefer to spend a holiday/vacation?

For me it would be Australia
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Australia or USA?

If money was no object like a big lotto win then there would be plenty of lifetime holidays

USA

San Fransisco,Arizona cowboy country,Open top car on route 66,grand canyon,Alaska,train ride on the rockie mountains

Australia would be too far to travel the only thing that would appeal to see would be The great Barrier Reef.Would not be interested in seeing vast big cities

So I vote for USA in my dreams

Comment

For me it would be Australia to see the native people and learn more about their indigenous culture. It's something that's disappearing fast . I can see urbanization anywhere I go so it's not so attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
        Australia would be too far to travel the only thing that would appeal to see would be The great Barrier Reef. Would not be interested in seeing vast big cities.
        Australia is a long trip even from the US but the Land Down Under would definitely be a bucket list destination for me.

Comment

New Zealand would be appealing but its longer and you would need a few stops to reduce the agony of long haul flights

Comment

I've been the the USA 3 times already, so it would be Australia for me.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Have been to America a few times and loved it and might be going back this year

Would like to go to Australia but its a hell of a journey so would want to tie it in with probably Hong Kong or Singapore

If I had to choose it would be the USA (though I think my wife would gert the final say and she would probably choose Australia)
              Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

deffo australia

see the great barrier reef the gold coast and melbourne and sydney.
                mainly for the sporting events in them cities.

go to the sydney opera house looks amazing.

and of course for the wildlife as well.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Just don't go backpacking if you come here.Those that do seem to get knocked off.

And i live in Australia so it'd be USA for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stud1al View Post
                    Just don't go backpacking if you come here.Those that do seem to get knocked off.

And i live in Australia so it'd be USA for me.
                    Today I’m proud to have been born in Australia. (My father worked in Melbourne in the mid-1969s.)

Comment

I have got friends/relatives in both and have never been to either, so if I won the Lotto be both I guess!

80sChav

Comment

When I was living in the UK I went to Florida a few times in the 90s on holiday and also again to play in the Paintball World Cup, so I have great memories of the place and would love to take my kids there to Disney when they're older.
                        I've always thought of it as a great place to live but I wouldn't want to live there.

I live in Australia now and love it, such a great place to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                          When I was living in the UK I went to Florida a few times in the 90s on holiday and also again to play in the Paintball World Cup, so I have great memories of the place and would love to take my kids there to Disney when they're older.
                          I've always thought of it as a great place to live but I wouldn't want to live there.

And i never would have had the horses ,donkey etc if i hadn't come here so thankful for that.Sorry if i upset any aussies.Didn't mean to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post

I've been to the USA 3 times & enjoyed myself but I'm not sure I want to live there, I've not been to Australia yet but it sounds interesting enough to be worth a visit.
                            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                              New Zealand would be appealing but its longer and you would need a few stops to reduce the agony of long haul flights
                              One short stop at LAX for me back in '94!
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                              X