Janine Duvitski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Janine Duvitski

Janine Duvitski (born Christine Janine Drzewicki; June 1952) is probably best known as Jane in Waiting for God; but she also starred in One Foot in the Grave as neighbour Pippa Trench to Richard Wilson's character Victor Meldrew. She played the wife of Angus Deayton's character. Anyone remember the name of Angus Deayton's character?

Strangely enough, Jane played a ditsy part in both Waiting for God & One Foot in the Grave

The latest appearence has to be in Benidorm
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Janine Duvitski

Mr Trench?

Comment

She was very good in Abigail's Party, & more recently The Worst Week Of My Life.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Hair Bear View Post
        Mr Trench?
        Just like Mr Spock who was also addressed as 'Mr' Spock just like Mr Trench lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I rememberjane now when u mention one foot in the grave.

I always remember people by there names in programmes not there actual real name.

Originally posted by twocky61 View Post
          janine duvitski (born christine janine drzewicki; june 1952) is probably best known as jane in waiting for god; but she also starred in one foot in the grave as neighbour pippa trench to richard wilson's character victor meldrew. She played the wife of angus deayton's character. Anyone remember the name of angus deayton's character?

strangely enough, jane played a ditsy part in both waiting for god & one foot in the grave

the latest appearence has to be in benidorm
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

"Oooooh Harvey" Jane would croon lol

She never got any nookie with Harvey though, that Idiot Baines as refered to by Stephanie Coles character Diana & Her friend Tom played by Graham Crowden who had delusions he had had sexual relations with many a famous star of stage & screen ------------ Pure bliss
            Last edited by Twocky61; 11-04-2015, 15:45. Reason: Moving stray letters around like on Scrabble
            sigpic

Comment

I remember Janine in many brilliant TV plays of the 70s and 80s, when we had REAL drama. Anyone remember her terrific performance in 'Abigail's Party'? Great actress and still going strong. Loved her in 'One Foot In The Grave', one of my favourite comedies, and 'Waiting For God'.
              sigpic
              Times Square

Comment

I must say, I really do think that she's a brilliant actress, particularly comedy!.

Comment

I love her too. Anyone remember her as the petrol pump attendant who worked with Hazel O'Conner in Breaking Glass?

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                    I love her too. Anyone remember her as the petrol pump attendant who worked with Hazel O'Conner in Breaking Glass?
                    Me

I love her early work back in the late 70s, stuff like that and the Mike Leigh films she did, she actually looks rather like an ex of mine there. She's brilliant in Alan Clarke's Diane.

She'll be starring in new BBC2 sitcom Boy Meets Girl next week playing the mother of the transgender lead character.

Her daughter, Ruby Bentall (Poldark, Lark Rise To Candleford) is also a very fine actress
                    Attached Files
                    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

She was also in a Public Information Film...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

She does have a long conk though lol Maybe she need a nose job? I still fancy her though & the parts she plays. I wonder if she is like she plays in real life?
                        sigpic

Comment

She also had a small-ish part in The Blackstuff, the play-for-today which led to the magnificent Boys From The Blackstuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X