Playground games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playground games

What was your favourite playground game? Mine was Hopscotch. At primary school we had a hopscotch thing painted on the ground. I remeber we used to try to be the first one on it in the morning before school started lol I loved that game.....
    Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

My favourite game was one that was a bit like squash / racquetball except you kicked the ball with your feet. Very energetic.
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

my favourite game was british bulldogs, and tracking.
      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

I used to love pick up sticks. Monopoly, Life, and Yahtzee were favorites too.

Comment

My favourite playground game had to be kiss chase... Or.. beating up people for their lunch money, (that's a joke)

Comment

my favourite game was smoking behind the bike sheds and always getting caught
            and haveing detention
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I preferred football but I must admit that I became a bit of an expert in hiding games like Run-Outs and Tim-Tam-Tommy. I hid in places that the others had looked in and it always worked.

Comment

I loved sport but, not being very good ( and soon being let know as much ) my favourite was Tig - tho I was usually "it"...
                Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

I was a playground "equipment" kinda gal...I love and still love to swing on swings, see-saw, slides, etc.
                  I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Mob mob was cool - called other things depending on where you're from. It's called Releaster in Bristol, but it was called Mob Mob at my school in Glos.

(You had a big gang of you, and one of you was "it" and had to count to 100 at a base. You would have to try to find the other people by either hunting for them, or looking around the playground. If you saw someone you could shout "Mob Mob Becky, behind the wall" as long as you were touching the base. If you went off to hunt for the others, one of the people who were hiding could run up to the base if you left it unguarded for too long, touch it and shout "Mob Mob release all prisoners" - that would mean that all the people you had caught could go and hide again and you would have to start counting again....very drawn out explanation, but I used to love it.)

I wanna go and play it now, but I'm not very inconspicuous being 7 months pregnant!

Comment

i remember that game but it wasn't called either of those names in staffs it was called ackey 1,2,3 so we'd say ackey 1,2,3 donna behind the wall.
                      No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

we used to call it 123 same rules but we just said 123 run-away.we used to play foxes and hounds where half of you were hounds and the other half were foxes it,s a bit like 123(mob mob)but over a about half a mile common ground,the foxes went of then hounds followed about in packs,a bit rough with a few bruises and bumps,then when you caught a fox then two hounds had to stay behind to keep an eye on you,the game could take anything up to just over an hour to play but it was great fun
                        kernow bys vyken

Comment

games

pootle, I think the game you were referring to was called bung off in my neck of the woods, still love it, played it with my little cousin when i was 19 and she was 9. She's now 29 and got married back in august,god I miss those days.Another good game was skillio, I really miss playing out!

Comment

We used to play the Mob Mob game, but it was called 'Block' at our school & you had to get to the base & shout "Block home saves all". We also used to play Stuck in the Mud. I work in a Primary school, so I'm teaching the children how to play them. (I also showed them Chorlton and the Wheelies the other day, that went down well)!

Comment

We called it Rally-Vo. I can't be sure how to spell it as we never saw it written down. We played in Manchester at the end of the 70s, with the captured having to line a school wall, touching it with an outstretched hand. If somebody still free could double back and run under the captives' outstretched arms, they'd be freed.

I liked it. It felt like we'd matured out of simple Tiggy-it (tag?) and this was what the older kids played. But it may just be that this fad hit our school when I happened to be 9 or 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X