1990s Cod Liver Oil ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990s Cod Liver Oil ad

Reminded of an ad I used to see a lot in the mid to late '90s as a kid, it was for cod liver oil and was either Sanatogen or Seven Seas, with an old lady swimming through the sea with a knife and fork in hand and a napkin round her neck as she had decided to hunt her own fish (with the ad saying it's easier to just take the capsules!) For some reason that one has stuck with me, does anyone remember it?

Re: 1990s Cod Liver Oil ad

yes. Sanatogen woman eating large bone, lumps of coal, kids eating bag fulls of brussell sprouts and fish lollies and lady chasing fish with a knife and fork. Agency WCRS planner Judith Blunden. I have just come from her funeral service in Hackney. Before Judith worked at WCRS she was the Levi's client behind the famous "Launderette" campaign. A fantastically astute, straightforward and supportive person who will be dearly missed by family, friends and former colleagues.

Comment

I vaguely remember it - I know that the Sanatogen advert was animated - I am thinking of the "do you feel alright?" advert from 1986 onwards.

I assume that the Levi's launderette campaign that Robin was referring to was the one that Carling Black Label parodied a few months later.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remembe those ads, one had a city gent with a fish in his jacket pocket instead of a handkerchief.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

http://www.hatads.org.uk/catalogue/r...3-191edd2501ab
          There you go!

Comment

Working...
          X