Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

I did see SM.III on TV a couple of years ago on ITV 3 or 4.

I can understand IV being ignored.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

4 is rather good it has a real message about the danger of nuclear weapons.
      3 isnt bad but the lack of the proper theme tune at the start isnt good and u dont hear it until he defeats ther bad superman.

Both are on channel 5 a fair bit.

WAR OF THE WORLDS 1953 IS ONE THATS NOT ON VERY MUCH AT ALL FOR SUCH AN AMAZING FILM.

Originally posted by moondog View Post
      superman iii, you never see that on tv these days or the awful superman iv: The quest for peace. I recall superman iii being on tv loads in the 80s now they only ever show i & ii, like they don't acknowledge the existence of iii & iv.

Nevertheless i have them all on dvd and bluray
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
        4 is rather good it has a real message about the danger of nuclear weapons.
        you're kidding right? lol

i enjoyed Superman 4 as a kid, but after watching it again as an adult i've realised how utterly bad it really is.

Comment

Great thread idea Jason - I have not watched the Towering Inferno (original one ) for years or known if it was on TV. The same goes for Pretty Woman too as well as Erin Brockovich

Clockwise is one of my all-time favourites and another one not on TV too regular but not very regular sadly! It is just a shame now most Films that are put on TV a re not even 1st or 2nd class films - a lot seem to be the ones nobody knows of - though may-be it's a sign of the times I sense

80sChav

Comment

Some films on TV seem to go in cycles of being shown at least once a year for a few years, then not screened at all for years.

I guess it's what rights deals are in place.

About 20 years ago Clockwise seemed to be on almost every year for a few years.

Comment

and superman 5
              very bad I also loved this when was you young

Originally posted by Moondog View Post
              you're kidding right? lol

i enjoyed Superman 4 as a kid, but after watching it again as an adult i've realised how utterly bad it really is.
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                Great thread idea Jason - I have not watched the Towering Inferno (original one ) for years or known if it was on TV.
                It was on Channel 5 over the weekend. I think they show it about 1nce a year. 5 are notorious for filling-up Sat and Sun afternoons with dire movies!

Towering Inferno is the exception though...

One film I haven't seen on terrestrial TV in years is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdCP7RHeYKI
                Last edited by agfagaevart; 29-06-2015, 13:46.

Comment

I seem to recall The Inn Of The Sixth Happiness (starring Ingrid Bergman) was on a lot...
                  Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The Poseidon Adventure

Comment

herbie films don't seem see these much now
                      THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                        herbie films don't seem see these much now
                        I remember they used to be always on during bank holidays, Herbie Goes Bananas the most common, even though it was one of the weaker ones, but the bit with the plane at the end is fun.

Comment

Herbie in Monte Carlo,Herbie rides again

Comment

Herbie in Monte Carlo seemed to be the one that was shown the least.

Comment

Glitterball - A gem of a movie for kids. Its about a boy who discovers a silver ball that is in fact a alien. He tries to protect it from a creepy guy called "Filthy" Potter. The ending is brilliant.

Blackbeard's Ghost.
                              Pete's Dragon.
                              The Bugs Bunny Roadrunner movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jockland View Post
                                Glitterball - A gem of a movie for kids. Its about a boy who discovers a silver ball that is in fact a alien. He tries to protect it from a creepy guy called "Filthy" Potter. The ending is brilliant.
                                I remember it being shown as on of the Friday Film Specials on CBBC.

Comment

Working...
                                X