Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

warlords of atlantis now I aint seen this for god knows how long I remember this being on tv all time
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

[QUOTE=battyrat;204629]
      Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      I remember seeing one in the 1980s with some Monster Munch lookalike creatures, it was probably American or Australian made from what I remember.

Pretty sure that was The Monsters Christmas. Would of been around 1982 or close to them. I can remember it myself.

One film that seemed to be on a few times in the back end of the 70's and early 80's was The Talking Parcel. If I remember well it had some wonderful Roger Dean type artwork in places.
      Thanks I'll check that one out.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        The Black Cauldron & Atlantis The Lost Empire also got a PG rating.
        In the United States under, their rating system, but in the U.K. they were both classified "U".

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/black-cauldron-1970

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/atlantis-lost-empire

Please don't tell anybody
        that we're the real Duran Duran!
        We're just happy pretending
        to be our own greatest fans...

( Mitch Benn)

Comment

Originally posted by ZipperCat View Post
          In the United States under, their rating system, but in the U.K. they were both classified "U".

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/black-cauldron-1970

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/atlantis-lost-empire

OK I didn't realise

Comment

Talking Pictures TV is great for screening films that once were regular fixtures on the BBC in the 70s, 80s and 90s but are no longer shown now
            ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Saw the Warren Mitchell drama "where has poor mickey gone" on tptv, very strange, but i was glued to it.

Comment

Originally posted by angliaknight View Post
                Saw the Warren Mitchell drama "where has poor mickey gone" on tptv, very strange, but i was glued to it.
                Oh yeah, I've yet to watch that one yet, have it sk+d. They show a lot of Children's Film Foundation stuff which of course was always on TV in the 80s
                ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Tubby The Tuba is one I haven't seen on TV since the 1980s, when it would turn up very now & again.

Comment

Inn Of The Sixth Happiness

Attached Files
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

not seen the happy prince on tv since i was about 10.

Comment

Used to love the Elvis and Cliff Richard films. Always used to be on in summer holidays in the 70's.
                        I also remember the Christmas Martian from the 1st post. Loved weird freaky foreign Christmas films and this was one of the strangest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

The old Disney Witch Mountain films (Escape and Return) haven't been shown in years. Used to really enjoy them as a kid.

Comment

Star wars films always on but its all the newer ones on all the time now
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Laure And Hardy etc.
                              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

The Laurel and Hardy shorts used to be shown quite frequently in the school holidays on BBC1 or BBC2. The last time I can clearly remember them being shown was when BBC2 screened a number of them in the weekday 6pm slot, probably in the late 80s or early 90s. They're great family entertainment and hold up incredibly well, despite being 80 years old. I doubt whether we will be able to say the same for the so-called comedies being made today.

Comment

Working...
                                X