Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Manny's Orphans - a hard luck, prep school soccer coach gets fired and takes another coaching job at an orphanage for boys. Ari Lehman (the original Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th) portrays the teenaged Casanova orphan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say every Laurel & Hardy film. I grew up in the 70s/80s watching these on tele during the daytime. They were shown usually in the School Holidays and then BBC Two showed them at lunchtimes. We had a VHS Recorder by this time ('84) so I would tape them while I was at school. I have lots of them on DVD now but I think it waould be nice for the BBC to start showing them again as kids would love them.

Comment

Dot and the Kangaroo.
        My kids would think I was nuts if I suggested they watch a film about the adventures of a narrated white dot. I'm sure we used to get excited about it being on telly.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlelen View Post
          Dot and the Kangaroo.
          My kids would think I was nuts if I suggested they watch a film about the adventures of a narrated white dot. I'm sure we used to get excited about it being on telly.
          I thought Dot was a girl & starred in a few films about saving animals.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by jason h View Post
            I would say every Laurel & Hardy film. I grew up in the 70s/80s watching these on tele during the daytime. They were shown usually in the School Holidays and then BBC Two showed them at lunchtimes. We had a VHS Recorder by this time ('84) so I would tape them while I was at school. I have lots of them on DVD now but I think it waould be nice for the BBC to start showing them again as kids would love them.
            Both Channel 5 & CBBC on BBC2 seemed to dig into the archives a few years ago & screened some shows I remember, The Chipmunks, Muppet Babies & The Kwicky Koala Show among others.

Comment

Yes youre right thanks. I've confused it with something else or maybe it was a part of it? I thought it was on dot and the Kangaroo. There's a kids film or part of a film where there's a forest fire and a talking white dot that starts moving and scribbling across the screen. Wonder what I'm mixing it up with?
              Last edited by Littlelen; 31-07-2015, 14:07.

Comment

Yes youre right thanks Richard 1978. I've confused it with something else or maybe it was a part of it? I thought it was on dot and the Kangaroo. There's a kids film or part of a film where there's a forest fire and a talking white dot that starts moving and scribbling across the screen. Wonder what I'm mixing it up with?

Comment

That film where a team of scientists get shrunk and injected into someone's body -Fantastic Voyage? - saw it loads of times as a kid but not since. The scene that sticks in my mind is where the woman is attacked by antibodies, also the end where they manage to sail their vessel out of the host body's tear duct just in the nick of time before growing full size again.

Comment

the black hole haven't seen this on tv for ages
                    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by mazzer View Post
                      That film where a team of scientists get shrunk and injected into someone's body -Fantastic Voyage? - saw it loads of times as a kid but not since. The scene that sticks in my mind is where the woman is attacked by antibodies, also the end where they manage to sail their vessel out of the host body's tear duct just in the nick of time before growing full size again.
                      As normal you just wanted to see Raquel Welch in a rubber suit....lol

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                        the black hole haven't seen this on tv for ages
                        Good point - I really like that one! I think that was the first (only?) Walt Disney feature not to receive a U certificate...

Attached Files
                        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                          Good point - I really like that one! I think that was the first (only?) Walt Disney feature not to receive a U certificate...

The Black Cauldron & Atlantis The Lost Empire also got a PG rating.

Comment

Any of the Godzilla films.

Comment

digby, the biggest dog in the world seemed to be on every christmas time when i was a kid. not seen it for years now.

Comment

[QUOTE=Richard1978;197897]I remember seeing one in the 1980s with some Monster Munch lookalike creatures, it was probably American or Australian made from what I remember.

Pretty sure that was The Monsters Christmas. Would of been around 1982 or close to them. I can remember it myself.

One film that seemed to be on a few times in the back end of the 70's and early 80's was The Talking Parcel. If I remember well it had some wonderful Roger Dean type artwork in places.

Comment

Working...
                                X