Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

For me I think of films like Digby The Biggest Dog In The World. I remember seeing this on TV every Christmas when I was a kid growing up in the 70s. Another film was the motor bike death cult classic Psychomania. Also a very strange French language Canadian film called The Christmas Martian. I don't know if these will ever appear on TV again and most are not available on DVD either.

Re: Films that were on TV a lot as a child, but you have never seen since.

yea I remember digby but carnt seem to remember the others
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

One of our Dinosaurs is missing - I loved this film and it would be on most years at Christmas time

haven't seen it on TV for a long while
      Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Erm, three of those have been on TV multiple times since the late '90s.

Comment

I have Psychomania ...watched it not long ago.

Comment

I remember seeing one in the 1980s with some Monster Munch lookalike creatures, it was probably American or Australian made from what I remember.

I'm sure there are a few more, some films seem to be shown a lot on TV for a few years, then seem to vanish.

Starman, The Last Star Fighter, Condorman & Flash Gordon come to mind.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The Poseidon Adventure was shown numerous times in the seventies. I loved it as a kid. I haven't seen it in 30 years, or the two remakes.

Comment

The Muppet Movie is one that I've not seen since the mid 1980s.

Comment

Its on a couple of times per year the original.
                  But its not on as much as it should be.

Originally posted by i. R. Fincham View Post
                  the poseidon adventure was shown numerous times in the seventies. I loved it as a kid. I haven't seen it in 30 years, or the two remakes.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Mc View Post
                    One of our Dinosaurs is missing - I loved this film and it would be on most years at Christmas time

haven't seen it on TV for a long while
                    I remember seeing it in the cinema when it came out.

Comment

Yep, I remember for definite one Christmas Eve when this was on TV - sometime in the early eighties maybe?

Probably the days when they made a bit more of an effort film-wise at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by catflap View Post
                        Yep, I remember for definite one Christmas Eve when this was on TV - sometime in the early eighties maybe?

Probably the days when they made a bit more of an effort film-wise at Christmas.
                        I remember One of our Dinosaurs is missing was used as a filler the week The Late Late Breakfast Show was suddenly axed due to someone being killed during the week while getting ready for performing a stunt on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          ..Condorman & Flash Gordon come to mind.
                          I swear to this day I saw Condorman's car parked in a pub car park at the back of our house. It was while the movie was on general release at the cinema. Must have been about 1981 or so.

Attached Files

Comment

clash of the titans one film you don't see much
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
                              clash of the titans one film you don't see much
                              They did remake it a few years ago, but I've seen it was on once or twice since then.

It's a real bank holiday special, & fun to spot the very early 1980s haircuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X