Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: General Election 2015

Default General Election 2015

Will you be voting on Thursday or not.I will be and decided who I am voting for a few months ago and have not changed my mind.The ones who cannot be bothered usually turn round and say who ever gets in they are all the same,but someone has to be in charge of the country.

Default Re: General Election 2015

Im not really into politics but ill perobably watch a lot of it on tv.

I know who i dont want in again be even worse if they get in on there own.

We also have our local elections tomorrow too.
    Ive never voted ever.
    Not sure what ill do.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Rumours that it could be a low turnout,havent seen anyone canvassing.We only got leaflets through the door by the postman

Not sure what to do this year. Last time was difficult due to lack of information. This year got the paperwork to read through but I don't agree fully with everything a party says and after the last 10 years don't really have much faith in any of them. Expect I will vote for a minor no hoper party as a vote of no confidence for the larger ones. That way I don't feel I am throwing my vote away. Bring back the Raving Loonies.

I am sure there is a country maybe Australia that if you dont vote then you would be fined for not doing so.I mean if it would be introduced here then would the ones doing the % of the parties before the elections.Would they be totally accurate or not.Because all the names of voters on the list when you go to the polling station,are marked off when you show up.At the close of day the lists go back to the local councils.Then they will know how many did not vote

I saw a sticker in a VW bus back window in the early 70's saying ' don't vote it only encourages them '..... and to this day I've never voted.

Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I am sure there is a country maybe Australia that if you dont vote then you would be fined for not doing so.I mean if it would be introduced here then would the ones doing the % of the parties before the elections.Would they be totally accurate or not.Because all the names of voters on the list when you go to the polling station,are marked off when you show up.At the close of day the lists go back to the local councils.Then they will know how many did not vote

There are a lot of countries where it is compulsory to vote and you are right that Australia is one, in Europe there is Belgium, Luxembourg and Greece

When I come to power it will be compulsory to vote here too
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Have only seen UKip van going round canvassing didnt see anyone else.Not even the car with the speakers have been around this time,they usually do but its been relitevely quiet

Voted!

Quote Originally Posted by themilkman View Post
    Voted!
    Apparently there have been queues around the country outside the polling station