Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone answer my questions about 'Elite'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone answer my questions about 'Elite'?

I'm a still a big Elite fan. First played it on the Spectrum, and remember struggling to unlock the game using the stupid 'Lens lock' security plastic viewer thingy. Saved up for the joystick club version, only to find it was Kempston only and i had Interface II. Back to saving again for a new joystick.
    I think I've played this on pretty much every format going and enjoyed them all. I think my favourite is the NES version.

If you have an Android device (phone or tablet) a friend of mine has written an Android port of the Amiga version of Elite which he's named 'Alite'.
    He offers it for free via the Google Play store here...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.games.alite

It's a labour of love, and he's spent years working on this in his free time.
    It's an awesome version and it's really nice being able to fly the cobra via device tilt.

My 30yr hunt for Raxxla continues.

Comment

"If you have an Xbox One I recommend getting Elite: Dangerous on that, it's so good and brings back many happy memories."

Good thinking! I was given a 2nd hand Xbox 1 recently and am now the proud owner of Elite Dangerous - what a marvellous game!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
        "If you have an Xbox One I recommend getting Elite: Dangerous on that, it's so good and brings back many happy memories."

Good thinking! I was given a 2nd hand Xbox 1 recently and am now the proud owner of Elite Dangerous - what a marvellous game!
        We've got a 360, and an original xbox still, but not got around to getting a "one" yet.
        Dangerous does look really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Barbour View Post
          We've got a 360, and an original xbox still, but not got around to getting a "one" yet.
          Dangerous does look really good.
          It keeps the open-ended trading and fighting aspects of the original Elite but with vastly more missions, loads of mysterious things out there to discover, planet landings, far more realistic spaceflight dynamics, multi-player interaction and absolutely stunning graphics.
          It's worth getting an Xbox One just for a Elite Dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by Cartimand View Post
            It keeps the open-ended trading and fighting aspects of the original Elite but with vastly more missions, loads of mysterious things out there to discover, planet landings, far more realistic spaceflight dynamics, multi-player interaction and absolutely stunning graphics.
            It's worth getting an Xbox One just for a Elite Dangerous!
            I'm going to have to start working on my 8yr old that he wants one of these for Christmas.

Comment

Alternatively it is coming to PS4 soon, which also has No Man's Sky, which despite early problems (although i;ve loved it from the off) is now shaping into the original visualisation of what it was meant to be, and is much more kid friendly for an 8 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
                Alternatively it is coming to PS4 soon, which also has No Man's Sky, which despite early problems (although i;ve loved it from the off) is now shaping into the original visualisation of what it was meant to be, and is much more kid friendly for an 8 year old.
                Ah - sorry. I meant the xbox one for my 8yr old. Elite would be for me. He's more into Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions atm.

Comment

Great thing about Elite Dangerous is that, every few weeks when you log in, it does an update and you find the developers have added some new functionality - was able to create a surprisingly realistic avatar "me" last time.
                  Rumours out there that the Thargoids will make an appearance some time. This has to be quite simply the ultimate space game.

Comment

Working...
                  X