kids ghostly tv drama from 70s / 80s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kids ghostly tv drama from 70s / 80s

This has been bugging me for years. All I can remember is a scene in an attic where a boy sees a young girl as a ghost glowing all green, I remeber her voice being quite haunting and something to do with her drowning in a well or something like that, any clues anyone ?

Re: kids ghostly tv drama from 70s / 80s

Ghost in the Water? (1983)
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
      Ghost in the Water? (1983)
      Thanks Heather. It is difficult to know whether this is it as I cannot find any clips or too much about the storyline, I will keep looking. It really has been bugging me for some reason, i wonder if it is just me or if the memories I describe are connecting with anyone else ?

Comment

Have you looked at Come back Lucy?

http://www.thechestnut.com/lucy.htm
        Heather

Comment

Found on another forum and sadly no answer but this led me to my first suggestion

For years I’ve been trying to track down a children’s programme which I’m 99% certain was broadcast by the BBC circa 1983/4/5. The story was adapted from the book which I’d also read as a child....but for the life of me can’t remember the name! The story revolves around a girl and her family who move into a Victorian house. The girl then starts seeing visions of a Victorian girl of the same age, in mirrors around the house, I’m sure her name is Abigail...the modern day girl is sometimes transported back to Victorian times with the girl. I also remember a scene where the girl looks over a bridge and sees the Victorian girl’s reflection in the river- it turns out she drowned. This programme really scared me as a child, and I’d dearly love to know what on earth it was called!

and where i got my answer from

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/ca...rly-1980s.html

Hope it helps you in your search a bit as there's more suggestion there including Echoes of Louisa and
          A Pattern of Roses

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
            Found on another forum and sadly no answer but this led me to my first suggestion

For years I’ve been trying to track down a children’s programme which I’m 99% certain was broadcast by the BBC circa 1983/4/5. The story was adapted from the book which I’d also read as a child....but for the life of me can’t remember the name! The story revolves around a girl and her family who move into a Victorian house. The girl then starts seeing visions of a Victorian girl of the same age, in mirrors around the house, I’m sure her name is Abigail...the modern day girl is sometimes transported back to Victorian times with the girl. I also remember a scene where the girl looks over a bridge and sees the Victorian girl’s reflection in the river- it turns out she drowned. This programme really scared me as a child, and I’d dearly love to know what on earth it was called!

and where i got my answer from

http://www.britmovie.co.uk/forums/ca...rly-1980s.html

Hope it helps you in your search a bit as there's more suggestion there including Echoes of Louisa and
            A Pattern of Roses

It sounds a bit like Moondial, but not totally.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The show was called 'come back lucy' based on the novel by Pamela Sykes, about a little girl who lived with her old fashioned aunt and therefore has old fashioned views.... when her aunt olive dies, young lucy is sent to live with unknown relations -aunt, uncle and three children -her cousins- who are trendy and doing up an old victorian house, through using mirrors lucy befriends Alice, a spoilt victorian girl who has plans to keep lucy with her for always..... very good childrens show, the episodes are on youtube, apart from a network repeat @1980 the series has not been shown in the UK since, there appears to be a dvd release in Germany and dvds are available on amazon and ebay....... the series was made by the ITV company ATV in late 1977 at their former Elstree studios in hertfordshire, england and broadcast on the ITV network in 1978, the show's star Emma Bakile, appears to have retired from acting after 1980 which is sad as she gives such a great performance.....

Comment

You might be thinking of "Child of Glass" ( 1978 ). It was an American made-for-tv movie from Walt Disney Studios. The boy ( Alexander ) sees the ghost of a French girl in the attic ( she glows blue not green ) and she implores him to help free her from an old curse. His family just moved to a sprawling Georgian-style house in the South and there is a local legend that the previous owner, a sea captain, hid his treasure on the property. The girl-ghost is the sea captain's daughter who died years earlier. She wants to be reunited with her family but can only do so when "the child of glass" has been found and restored to her. It happens to be hiding in the well on the property and Alexander finds it by accident when he falls into the well. It's a good movie! It has all the elements you'd want to see in a children's ghost film, plus quite a bit of excitement. I don't know if it is available on DVD in the UK but someone posted it on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg0F_JPaAZg

Comment

Working...
                X