Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two things (pretty sure they were episodes of different tv shows) I watched as a kid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things (pretty sure they were episodes of different tv shows) I watched as a kid.

I have very clear memories of two different things I watched as a kid.

The first is a small group of people walking into a large office or work area in a building, calling out a persons name as they walk in. They see the person they are looking for in a chair, but when he doesn't respond they walk over and spin the chair around to discover the man has been completely hollowed out. I remember it being technicolour with that look that old shows had when they wanted stuff to look hi-tech.

The second is another technicolour show where a man (ex prisoner?) shows up and reveals he has the power to change one thing to another when holding it in his right hand. He demonstrates this by changing something into diamonds and handing them to the person he's talking to (a former lover). At the end, the man tries attacking a group of people and attempts to turn them into silicon, but he falls and lands on his own hand, killing himself.

Re: Two things (pretty sure they were episodes of different tv shows) I watched as a

Originally posted by Doozerpindan View Post
    The second is another technicolour show where a man (ex prisoner?) shows up and reveals he has the power to change one thing to another when holding it in his right hand. He demonstrates this by changing something into diamonds and handing them to the person he's talking to (a former lover). At the end, the man tries attacking a group of people and attempts to turn them into silicon, but he falls and lands on his own hand, killing himself.
    That one sounds a lot like the Buck Rogers episode called 'Happy Birthday Buck'. Here are a couple of screenies:

Comment

Re: Two things (pretty sure they were episodes of different tv shows) I watched as a

Yes, that's it! Just watched the episode to make sure, and wow is that show ever cheesy! XD

Comment

... wow is that show ever cheesy! XD
        Indeed!

I can sort of recall your hollow man thing as well, but just can't place it.... it's starting to bug me now!

Comment

The first is a small group of people walking into a large office or work area in a building, calling out a persons name as they walk in. They see the person they are looking for in a chair, but when he doesn't respond they walk over and spin the chair around to discover the man has been completely hollowed out. I remember it being technicolour with that look that old shows had when they wanted stuff to look hi-tech.
          Could that be Lifeforce?

Comment

Working...
          X