Hi-De-Hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-De-Hi

Who was the best entertainments manager? Mr Fairbrother or Sqn Ldr Dempster? Myself its got to be jeffrey fairbrother. He always seemed out of his depth.

Re: Hi-De-Hi

I agree, Mr Fairbrother. Esp liked the way he was constanly scared of Gladys

Comment

She was a bit of a case. Kinda full on

Comment

I liked them both aarron.
        I loved the show its one i often forget about.

I think paul shane was mr fairbrother been so long since i saw it tho.

Tons of eps on yt.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Paul shane was ted bovis the camp comic. Simon caddel (excuse the spelling) was jeff. Its one of the best sitcoms of the era. So good i bought the entire series 1-9 box sets. Classic stuff.

Comment

They were repeated on BBC 2 in the afternoon recently
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I absolutely loved Hi de hi as a young child, I think it reminded me of our own family holidays to Butlins. I also liked both entertainment managers, how ever I far preferred Barry and Yvonne over Yvonne and Julian! Peggy was my fav character, I so wanted her to get her yellow coat! I quite liked Spike too
              Heather

Comment

It made camping sound fun.

Yes peggy was my fave character and paul shane as well.
                Just looking at her knew it was gonna be fun.

Not so fond of gladys though.

It ran from 1980 to 88.

Didnt realise it ran that long.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I didn't think it ran that long me self daz great show but can only just recall some episodes yea peggy was good
                  THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I can remember staying at this holiday camp with my grandma and granddad in the early 80's. It was Dovercourt Bay in Harwich. Loved it ! Had my birthday while I was there and got to go up on the stage to get a cake. The same stage as the series !! Lots of pics of the cast up near the ballroom and it was great swimming in the actual pool !

Comment

I remember going to the Bultins at Minehead in 1985 & it wasn't too different to Hi-De-Hi!

Though my parents managed to book a more modern chalet, my Grandad also came along & stayed in one of the tradional ones still with brown bakelite light switches.
                      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Poor old Peggy lol When she showed Mr Fairweather to his chalet on his first day as entertainments manager he asked her who the other bed was for. Peggy told him being manager he does not have to share unless he wants to, as she winks at him lol
                        sigpic
                        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                        X