Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Dr (Who)?

Who was your favourite Dr Who?

Mine was Tom Baker. He was just so cool. Who can forget his scarf and Van Helsing hat?
    Plus he had K9

Personally I couldn't stand any of them. The programme was pure cheese. It was tacky and cheap, and in general everything that turns me off from watching it. Just my opinion of course

Comment

I'm with you Snakeystew - never enjoyed it

Comment

My favourite was Tom Baker too.....and i am loving the new series..cheesy yeah...tacky yeah....totaly unbelievable story lines...yeah.... but who cares..it is pure fun and i am glad that my kids are able to watch it as i did when i was younger...

Comment

The problem with Tom Baker's doctor, IMO, <i>was</i> K9! Let's face it, he was just a jumped up little sod who knew too much and was always getting in the way.

However, I would say that Tom was a good doctor. A bit before my time, mind: I was the Colin Baker years, but Tom did an unseen story (called Shada) which was filmed in my old Uni, so he has the cool vote from me for that

Comment

I'm with Jive Bunny and Snakeystew on this....never been a fan of Doctor Who...

But just to throw a spanner in the works I find the new one compelling viewing owing to it's cheesiness and the wondrous pairing of Billie Piper and Christopher Eccleston!!!

Comment

...or perhaps the wonderful pair on Billie Piper!

Comment

In my case it definitely isn't to see THAT pairing Eddy...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Precious Jewels
                  I'm with Jive Bunny and Snakeystew on this....never been a fan of Doctor Who...

But just to throw a spanner in the works I find the new one compelling viewing owing to it's cheesiness and the wondrous pairing of Billie Piper and Christopher Eccleston!!!
                  I have to agree with you on this one, it's nothing like any of the other series but Chris Eccleston is just great fun and I'm sticking with it for now. Loved Zoe Wannamaker in last week's episode as the so-called last human "moisturise me" !

Roll on the Daleks

Comment

Mmmmmmmm. Just watched the repeat on Beeb 3 of this week's episode. Not sure The Doctor shoudl be dabblign with Victorian occultism, but never mind...

Comment

I liked them all really.

Sure, there were tacky stories and wobbly sets at times, and I got bored during those "Unit" days, but I always had a bit of a soft spot for the Doctor.
                      Have to say the new series was brilliant, with modern special effects and good stories, it has been a real revival.
                      I loved Christopher Eccleseton in the role, and although he only stayed for one season, I have confidence that David Tennant will make a good Doctor, providing the scripts continue to be as good.
                      Looking forward to the Christmas special!
                      Old enough to know better...

Comment

mine was Jon Pertwee. Tom baker was a bit of a comedian but ok.after that it went downhill and i stopped watching it (probably my age)
                        I like this new revamped dr who but it is getting a bit tedious always being set on earth.
                        What happened to him visiting other planets?
                        Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

I grew up watching Jon Petwee, but i love all the Doctors,watched the first two on DVD and read the Target books, would have loved to have seen the early epidosdes on tv as intended.

William Hartnell the first incarnation set the tone, the Daleks, second story and changed the future of the series. Exterminate!
                          Patrick Troughtons Web of Fear, Yeti's in the London underground.
                          Jon Pertwee, flamboyant, Bessie his yellow roadster, and the Sonic Screwdriver, the Terror of the Autons, killer plastic daffodils, and the 3 Doctors.
                          Tom was kool scarf and teeth, Terror, the of the Zygons, the Loch ness monster.
                          Peter davison gave energy and youth, Earthshock with the Cybermen.
                          Colin baker, arrogant and loud, he need more episodes, Vengance on Varos, slimey Sil, an overgrown talkin slug.
                          Sylvester McCoy The Curse of Fenric, classic, met him once nice bloke, funny too.
                          Paul McGann, sad he only did the american so called pilot, the TARDIS interior was amazing, would have loved to have seem more of him in proper Who.
                          Christopher Eccleston, funny, serious, kool loved his leather jacket, The Unquiet Dead, ghost, Victorian era, Charles Dickens, and his regeneration, would have loved to have seen more of, and from him.
                          David Tennant, endless energy, quick wit, with a dark edge, the Return of K9 in School Reunion along with the still sexy Sarah jane Smith.
                          Last edited by Oggy; 13-10-2006, 10:10.

Comment

don't forget Peter Cushing in the films!
                            Without music, life is a journey through a desert.

Comment

The Dr I grew up with was Jon Pertwee. I also liked Colin Baker's Dr, I'd liked him previously in other shows, and I loved the abrasive edge he brought to the role. I've heard rumours that it was "office politics" that forced him out after only 2 seasons.
                              The candle flame gutters. Its little pool of light trembles. Darkness gathers. The demons begin to stir.

Comment

Working...
                              X