• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatever happened to:......

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    I used to like it as well back when lots of Italian things were trendy
    A classic indeed - it is such a shame it wasn't as known of years later

I used to like the White with (I think it was Mint and like hundreds and thousand parts or similar). There was certainly a Lime Piece in that version or something similar I recall

80sChav

Comment

KitKats wrapped in silver foil. Somehow they tasted nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
        KitKats wrapped in silver foil. Somehow they tasted nicer.
        The single ( two stick) KitKats are still in foil , I got some yesterday in a multipack ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Kunzel Cakes !!!

Comment

Cadbury's Strollers were something that came up in a conversation I had last week.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Gino Ginelli - that was ice cream and a half. Reminds me of the dessert we had after the Sunday dinner that we ate while we were watching Bullseye.

"Tutti-Fruitti what a cutie - take a Gino home with you" went the 1989 advert.

I am certain that Carte Dor was its replacement.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Butterball turkeys - I remember they used Bobby Vee's Rubber Ball song in the adverts. Must have been around 1985.

Bird's Ice Magic - might not have got the right product, but they were advertised with the Donavan song Mellow Yellow if that helps.

MacDougall's Milk Mate - it was supposed to turn milk into milkshakes, but I remember using it as a topping on ice cream.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by bugsbunny View Post
                  Hi there, just joined a few minutes ago. Does anybody remember bar six wafer or moose, a dark centred milky way from the early 70's. I was 4 in 1972 and always bought, with my 2p my mum gave me for school, a moose for 1 and a 1/2p and a 1/2p highland caramel.

Yes, I remember Moose, though I thought it was called Super Moose, and had a cartoon moose on the wrapper. As you say, they were similar to Milky Way but a darker centre. I can remember them costing 2p from the shop down the road around 1973-ish

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    Gino Ginelli - that was ice cream and a half. Reminds me of the dessert we had after the Sunday dinner that we ate while we were watching Bullseye.

"Tutti-Fruitti what a cutie - take a Gino home with you" went the 1989 advert.

I am certain that Carte Dor was its replacement.
                    I remember Gino Ginelli was promoted a lot when Italian things were cool in the early 1990s, but faded away by the mid 90s.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

One I am sure is no more are Royal Scot biscuits
                      sigpic
                      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                        The single ( two stick) KitKats are still in foil , I got some yesterday in a multipack ...

I must get some then. ... The last time I had them was in Yorkshire, on the Settle-Carlisle Line, about 10 years ago, when a volunteer was going up and down the train selling them. It seemed to be part of the nostalgia. I used to love making 'sculptures' with the silver paper as a boy.

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                          Yes, I remember Moose, though I thought it was called Super Moose, and had a cartoon moose on the wrapper. As you say, they were similar to Milky Way but a darker centre. I can remember them costing 2p from the shop down the road around 1973-ish
                          I have always assumed that the marketing person who dreamt that one up, couldn't tell the spellings of mousse and moose.
                          I'm having so much fun
                          My lucky number's one
                          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            I remember Gino Ginelli was promoted a lot when Italian things were cool in the early 1990s, but faded away by the mid 90s.
                            Italy had quite a high profile in 1990 due to hosting the World Cup that year and also winning the Eurovision Song Contest helped as well - I think that it helped with the sale of Italian (or indeed Italian-themed food) in the UK and elsewhere.

McCain Pizza Perfection had such a high profile around 1994 as well - certainly Tesco and Iceland sold them.
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
                              I must get some then. ... The last time I had them was in Yorkshire, on the Settle-Carlisle Line, about 10 years ago, when a volunteer was going up and down the train selling them. It seemed to be part of the nostalgia. I used to love making 'sculptures' with the silver paper as a boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
                                I seem to remember that the Milky way centre was a darker colour originally and changed in the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                                X