Whatever happened to:......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatever happened to:......

I don't remember having much at all in the way of boil-in-the-bag food. I can only recall having it once, though I am not sure what it might have been...maybe a curry?

Comment

Boil in the bag stuff seemed to disappear BUT it is now making a come back. Favoured amongst the poncy chefs it is now called SOUS VITE......prob spelled wrong. Basically they shove the food in the bag, seal,it, boil,it. SO what is different about this method and the old Boil in the Bag? Nothing and they all think it's something new. You can even buy your own Sous VITE machine

Comment

Can not beat a good stew on a cold winter nite. My fav is hot pot or lamb curry.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver1 View Post
          Boil in the bag stuff seemed to disappear BUT it is now making a come back. Favoured amongst the poncy chefs it is now called SOUS VITE......prob spelled wrong. Basically they shove the food in the bag, seal,it, boil,it. SO what is different about this method and the old Boil in the Bag? Nothing and they all think it's something new. You can even buy your own Sous VITE machine

The difference is that they give it a fancy name and that magically makes it better and allows them to charge more for it to those impressed by a fancy name for boil-in-the-bag.

Comment

Working...
          X