Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whatever happened to:......

Default Re: Whatever happened to:......

Not sure if it's been mentioned but whatever happened to Ski yoghurts? My favourite was hazelnut!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manfred-mann-and-mike-hug-ski-fulloffitness-theme-1971-3-s.jpg  
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

I have to say that it is amazing that a lot of people (including myself) assume that products are no longer being sold in shops simply because they are not advertised on TV anymore - Ski Yoghurt seems to be one of those examples.

I can say that Ski yoghurt still exists, although not in their original yoghurt status - Nestle own them. In a Tesco store near where I live, they sell those Ski yoghurt mousses in packs of four. They are fabulous! The only problem is that it only takes about 30 seconds to finish one pot, and I often have all four in one go!

I remember Ski doing offers for these over-sized polystyrene yoghurt pots with the early 1980s Ski logo and design on them, which were made for keeping yoghurts chilled? Similar to how Thermos flasks keep soup warm.

I also remember an offer for a music tape, circa 1984, that had various tunes on so that people could do keep-fit exercises on them - the leggings, legwarmers and Weight Watchers craze of the mid 1980s was presumably the inspiration for that. You could hear an audio version of the then Ski advert on the tape, and there was a woman who was obviously a Mad Lizzie or Green Goddess wannabe doing the "arms stretched, legs bent" orders on tape along to the music. The inlay cover gave details of the songs on the tape. I always associate FR David's Words with that tape whenever I hear it on the radio. YMCA and Fame could have also been on that tape as well.
    Last edited by George 1978; 4 Days Ago at 14:48.
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).

And this was the keep-fit tape from the mid 1980s that Ski had as an offer. (Someone from EBay was selling one).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails az Ski.jpg  
    I am a man (just in case anyone asks).