Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Printing out homework

Default Re: Printing out homework

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletino View Post
    Nah, I left school before most people had Home Printers as it was still the 8-bit phase of Home Computing.

However, when I was doing my apprenticeship we used to have day release and one evening at Engineering College, where we did CAD and stuff. I printed all my own project stuff out at home on my Amiga.
    Even at College doing this we'd have probably been in "nearly" as much trouble as at School

Fair play to you here though Mulletino!

80sChav

big kid Guest

all the homework we did had to be written out.

There no printers when I were a lad!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by big kid View Post
    all the homework we did had to be written out.
    Same here - but i wish I had "dreamed up the idea lol - that would of been awesome I think - to be frank

I recall that on Grange Hill in 1992 when Robson gave Dennis and Andy lines - they did this (allmost in the same vain as Freddie's PE Kit Reminder Service) by priniting it out on Computer!

It is strange to think - that thinking back that 1992 was modern times (with the Internet and Computers in the full throttle of really getting going) I think at leasrt as I got to know the Internet 6 years later in 1998!

80sChav

We were allowed to print out homework

Either on a typewriter or more recent; a PC printer

Nowadays a lot of schools wont accept it as the homework could be copied from the internet

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    We were allowed to print out homework

Either on a typewriter or more recent; a PC printer

Nowadays a lot of schools wont accept it as the Homework could be copied from the internet
    True Twocky yer - though we could do a-similar in later years at College - eg after the 'net became popular (though they'd not be overly keen) I'd sense mind, but I guess Homework printed is "accepted" as though it's wrong - many can "copy + paste" to much more of a degree than even 10 years since (and though it's wrong copying from the et of course), to me even seeking out "Homework" on the 'net is equally as wrong/bad!!

80sChav

Just as long as you edit it, such as changing a word here & there

Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Just as long as you edit it, such as changing a word here & there
    Here, here - this is what I think too Twocky, too m8!!

80sChav

& of course writing it out from the print-out makes it look like it's your own work