• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Printing out homework

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    We were allowed to print out homework

Either on a typewriter or more recent; a PC printer

Nowadays a lot of schools wont accept it as the Homework could be copied from the internet
    True Twocky yer - though we could do a-similar in later years at College - eg after the 'net became popular (though they'd not be overly keen) I'd sense mind, but I guess Homework printed is "accepted" as though it's wrong - many can "copy + paste" to much more of a degree than even 10 years since (and though it's wrong copying from the et of course), to me even seeking out "Homework" on the 'net is equally as wrong/bad!!

80sChav

Comment

Just as long as you edit it, such as changing a word here & there
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
        Just as long as you edit it, such as changing a word here & there
        Here, here - this is what I think too Twocky, too m8!!

80sChav

Comment

sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

& of course writing it out from the print-out makes it look like it's your own work
            sigpic

Comment

When we were doing GCSE English Literature where we had to do essays on prose or poetry, and I am certain that our teacher said that we could write it on a computer and print it out, although handwriting can only be done ion our jotter books of course. Mind you, the same teacher said that all she knew about using a computer was switching it on and that was that.

I have to say that when it comes to using quotes and all that, the computer is great when it comes to different fonts and sizes in order to distinguish that from ordinary paragraph , and even in the early 1990s my school had such a good computer programme for writing things like that.

Gone were the days when the printing paper had holes at the side and had a green and white "zebra crossing" design on them, and we were onto proper A4 sheets of paper to print out on.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                When we were doing GCSE English Literature where we had to do essays on prose or poetry, and I am certain that our teacher said that we could write it on a computer and print it out, although handwriting can only be done ion our jotter books of course. Mind you, the same teacher said that all she knew about using a computer was switching it on and that was that.

I have to say that when it comes to using quotes and all that, the computer is great when it comes to different fonts and sizes in order to distinguish that from ordinary paragraph , and even in the early 1990s my school had such a good computer programme for writing things like that.

Gone were the days when the printing paper had holes at the side and had a green and white "zebra crossing" design on them, and we were onto proper A4 sheets of paper to print out on.
                Your School must've been way a-head of mine then George - in what they knew of PC's

At my Secondary School's - though the first one was 1988 to 1990 - they probably was'nt of a standard of the old Micros from Auntie Beeb Days and we hardly ever had Computer Lessons anyhow and at my 2nd nobody got near unless it was for a very, very special reason - as I have said elsewhere on the Forum an old friend indtroduced me to this Club - one Luchtime and showed me a bit of stuf similar to PaintArt/Wizzard and even then quite franly as I had no interests in PCs never got the Art side to it lol

I very very much recall the Paper you describe (and I can recall round my area/way) through Family working in Computers in such fields - that this was immensly popular until the mid 90s at least. They used to bring me bucket loads of rejected stuff home - that gave me much time to adjust to being in a Boat as you found yourself - at the Mercy of Bullies, finding an alernative. Sadly though for Prininting Reasons or the good old fashoined Pen/Hand Writing - the other side was often terrible unless you had a real qaulity Pen like a "Felt" or "Ball-Point" one

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                  There no printers when I were a lad!
                  Same here. A different thing, but I remember teachers printing out sheets for us on those Gestetner duplicator machines.

Comment

I often wondered whether my Art teacher would have accepted me doing my homework on the Paint facility on my computer and printed it out that way - or whether that would be cheating?
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                    X