Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have / remember Airing Cupboards ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you have / remember Airing Cupboards ?

As a child in Birmingham I lived in what had been the first multi-storey block of flats built in the city. It had several peculiarities, including what was in effect an 'airing room': it had bare walls and a concrete floor, with no windows - just a few metal bars, so it was open to the elements. It was used for hanging washing, and I think we used to keep vegetables in there too. Oh, the style!

Comment

great story you where a bad child.:d

replacing the elastic didnt think that was even possible.
      Hiding in the airing cupboard scaring ur poor mam lol

and then recirculating ur dads undies in his drawers every so often.lol

Originally posted by littlelen View Post
      aww my poor mam was a nervous wreck when i took to hiding in it every time she went to the loo then jumping out when she came out of the bathroom. I thought it was hilarious but she didn't.

She always had a pile of my dads undies in there hiding under the towels. She was hiding them cause he wanted her to replace the elastic in them for him and was waiting till he forgot so she could throw them away. Who replaces elastic in undies for goodness sake?

She regretted telling me this once i started recirculating them in to his drawers every so often cause i thought it would be funny.

I was a lovely child as i recall with a wicked glint in my eye
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Remember both houses my parents lived in, in the 70's and 80's having one of these, my father used to use it for his home brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by spuggybridge View Post
          Remember both houses my parents lived in, in the 70's and 80's having one of these, my father used to use it for his home brewing.
          Beer and country wines

Comment

Working...
          X