Play For Today, Screen One, Screen Two etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Play For Today, Screen One, Screen Two etc

I agree with the OP. Particular favourites were The Burston rebellion (which I last saw about 10yrs ago) and Space station Milton Keynes (which I haven't seen since about a week after it was broadcast)

Comment

I loved Play For Today, Screen One, etc., and, like you, I miss those excellent single dramas the BBC used to produce. They gave great exposure to new acting talent, as well as established actors, writers, directors. Just simple, realistic plays with stories and characters you could relate to. One of the best I've ever seen is the Screen Two drama, 'Inappropriate Behaviour'. I really wish they release some of these on DVD, or at least repeat them. There are a few, but only the well known ones like 'Abigail's Party' and 'Up The Junction'. Brilliant though they are, I'd love to see the lesser known plays and films too. I'm sad those days of quality BBC drama has gone. I hope your petition does some good
      sigpic
      Times Square

Comment

I forgot about up the junction it and abigails party are the 2 i remember most.
        Im sure some are on yt.

I watched them when they where on back in the day.

They do deserve a dvd release.

Originally posted by rollingstone88 View Post
        i loved play for today, screen one, etc., and, like you, i miss those excellent single dramas the bbc used to produce. They gave great exposure to new acting talent, as well as established actors, writers, directors. Just simple, realistic plays with stories and characters you could relate to. One of the best i've ever seen is the screen two drama, 'inappropriate behaviour'. I really wish they release some of these on dvd, or at least repeat them. There are a few, but only the well known ones like 'abigail's party' and 'up the junction'. Brilliant though they are, i'd love to see the lesser known plays and films too. I'm sad those days of quality bbc drama has gone. I hope your petition does some good
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I managed to get 'Inappropriate Behaviour' on Youtube not long ago, but there's nothing like watching it on the TV screen ... There were quite a few Screen Two plays on there. A nice DVD box set of all the best Screen Two plays and Play For Today would be a welcome surprise for Christmas! But, who am I kiddin'
          sigpic
          Times Square

Comment

Just did a check and play for today ran from 1970 to 1984

as many as 15 episodes per season.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

IncredibleThat would make one heck of a DVD box set and give me some brilliant over Christmas viewingPlay For Today included such terrific writing and acting, I cannot understand why they're not even repeated on any of the cable channels. A Classic BBC Plays channel would be ideal. I wish I knew how to start and run a TV channel, I'd do it myself because those stuffed shirts who run the BBC never repeat quality drama nowInfact, they don't MAKE quality drama now, just soaps and reality TV ...
              sigpic
              Times Square

Comment

Some good stuff gets repeated on BBC4, Smiley's People was on recently.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Rollingstone88 View Post
                  I managed to get 'Inappropriate Behaviour' on Youtube not long ago, but there's nothing like watching it on the TV screen ... There were quite a few Screen Two plays on there. A nice DVD box set of all the best Screen Two plays and Play For Today would be a welcome surprise for Christmas! But, who am I kiddin'
                  Get an Amazon fire stick and you catch YouTube on your TV, I've spent hours doing that ��
                  The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I can watch You Tune through my Blu-ray player with Wi-Fi, which I mostly bought for Netflix.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I loved Play For Today, Screen One, etc., and, like you, I miss those excellent single dramas the BBC used to produce. They gave great exposure to new acting talent, as well as established actors, writers, directors. Just simple, realistic plays with stories and characters you could relate to. One of the best I've ever seen is the Screen Two drama, 'Inappropriate Behaviour'...
                      The thumbnail picture in your signature, reminded me of a drama series shown on ITV years ago. One of the plays, City Sugar, featured Tim Curry as a radio DJ, similar to the one he went on to play in the film Times Square.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1000703/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I really wish they release some of these on DVD,
                      If you see any plays that you like on YT, just make your own DVD. That's what I do with classic adverts...

Comment

That's my YouTube Channel
                        ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
                          I watched one one YouTube the other night that I remember watching. "Vampires" it was called. Had a twist to the end that scared the cr*p out of me as a child.
                          And that one too

If you haven't already, please please PLEASE sign my petition to get the BBC to consider broadcasting a season of Play for Today, Screen One, Screen Two repeats. You'll find the link in my signature
                          ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

I wish I knew how to start and run a TV channel, I'd do it myself because those stuffed shirts who run the BBC never repeat quality drama nowInfact, they don't MAKE quality drama now, just soaps and reality TV ...

Here's how to start & run your own television channel Rollingstone but as you can see it is definitely not an easy thing to do:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5393961_proc...n-channel.html
                            sigpic
                            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

We lost Colin Welland today, a great playwright and actor who is responsible or stars in many of these classics. RIP

Comment

The BBC Store currently has a selection of Play For Today's, Screen One, Screen Two and The Wednesday Play's to download for around £3.99 each. Lots of good Dennis Potter

Comment

Working...
                                X