Sarah Sugden Emmerdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Sugden Emmerdale

Sarah Sugden character on Emmerdale was originally played by Madeline Howard but was replaced by the actress Alison Spyro

Do the producers think us viewers will not notice a different person is playing the character?
    Last edited by Twocky61; 24-07-2015, 19:37. Reason: Different Word
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Sarah Sugden Emmerdale

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
    Sarah Sugden character on Emmerdale was originally played by Madeline Howard but was replaced by the actress Alison Spyro

Do the producers think us viewers will not notice a different person is playing the character?
    Well they hope that we forget quickly I remember one of them can picture her face but not the other

Comment

Of course Sarah died in a barn fire set by Andy Sugden played by Kelvin Flatcher
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Neighbours had a bad habit of recasting parts, Lucy Robinson was played by 3 different actresses during it's "golden age", with my brother coining the phrase "head transplant" to explain the change of looks.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
          Neighbours had a bad habit of recasting parts, Lucy Robinson was played by 3 different actresses during it's "golden age", with my brother coining the phrase "head transplant" to explain the change of looks.
          Same with Home & Away. One of the characters (I forget which) was played by Tempany Deckert replacing the original actrees (her name deudes me)
          sigpic

Comment

Than there is the Cpronation Street character Tracy Barlow currently played by Kate Ford. Originally played by Dawn Acton. The recent return of the character Jenny Bradley is the original actress though.

I believe the reason for different actors/actresses playing same character role is due to more lucrative offers from producers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              Same with Home & Away. One of the characters (I forget which) was played by Tempany Deckert replacing the original actrees (her name deudes me)

Tempany Deckart played Celina. I remember this because I had a huge crush on her. She was sexy as hell in that school uniform to 15 year old me.

Cell Block H wasn't bad for recasting characters but it did have a nasty habit of recasting actors for different parts. Alf from Home and Away and Madge Ramsay from Neighbours had about 7 parts between them in Prisoner.

Comment

With a smaller pool of actors Australian TV seems to often re-use them in different parts.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I cant remember alf being in prisoner but i know ian smith harold from neighbours being in prisoner.

He was ted douglas a strict man who was sort of the boss of the prison but didnt work there and he was also the reverend potter talk about two very different roles.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                  tempany deckart played celina. I remember this because i had a huge crush on her. She was sexy as hell in that school uniform to 15 year old me.

Cell block h wasn't bad for recasting characters but it did have a nasty habit of recasting actors for different parts. Alf from home and away and madge ramsay from neighbours had about 7 parts between them in prisoner.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    I cant remember alf being in prisoner but i know ian smith harold from neighbours being in prisoner.

He was ted douglas a strict man who was sort of the boss of the prison but didnt work there and he was also the reverend potter talk about two very different roles.

Alf played the governor of the high security prison and Jim Fletcher's old army friend who turned out to be psychotic. I'm sure he played at least one more role. Australia has over 20 million people I wonder why they have such a shallow pool of actors?

Comment

Yes ur right alf was in it 28 episodes.
                      He played the following characters.

Geoff butler/ ernest crane/ kurt renner.

Originally posted by trip2themoon View Post
                      alf played the governor of the high security prison and jim fletcher's old army friend who turned out to be psychotic. I'm sure he played at least one more role. Australia has over 20 million people i wonder why they have such a shallow pool of actors?
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        Yes ur right alf was in it 28 episodes.
                        He played the following characters.

Geoff butler/ ernest crane/ kurt renner.

I think the third part he had was some sort of gangster. All 690 episodes are on You Tube now.

I quite like the new version, the woman the got to play Joan Ferguson is excellent in it and plays the character perfectly.

Comment

Ray Meagher who played Alf Stewart in Home & Away also appeared in the 1987 remake of the 1957 Australian film The Shiralee about an itinerant rural worker named Macauley who suddenly finds himself taking responsibility for his child. Having returned from "walkabout", he finds his wife entwined in the arms of another, and so he takes the daughter, Buster, with him. The child is the "shiralee", an Irish or Aboriginal word meaning "swag", or metaphorically, a "burden."
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X