Brenda Spencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brenda Spencer

Brenda Spencer is the girl who inspired the Boomtown Rats song I Don't Like Mondays.

Brenda Spencer shot the children & teachers in the school she attended, apparently because she did not like Mondays (hence the name of the song)

Since then there have been copycat shootings, such as Columbine & Dunblane
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Re: Brenda Spencer

If thats how it was inspired i would not have made that song.
    Im pretty shocked they made it knowing that.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I think Bob is a bit controversial so that's probably the reason for the song
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I've heard it was based on a read life event.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes Richard - That Bob is obviously a sensalationist as well as being a great guy to bring us Live Aid in ;85
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X