Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knock knock, the Jehovah’s Witnesses are here

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
    There's an older guy who is keeping the JW movement alive where I live. He's been around for years and still comes around at least once a month with a bunch of six or so who hit the street en masse, although I never seem to see the same people twice in his 'crowd'. I don't answer the door. People can believe what they want but I really don't agree with folk knocking on doors and trying to convert people to their beliefs.
    you say that people can believe what they want , but the truth is that they rarely do .... they believe what they are told and accept it as the truth, this is how religion works catch them young and indoctrinate them into that specific belief

I have no tolerance for religion and this tends to upset a few but i don't really care

having said this I have encouraged all of my kids to learn about all religions and what they involve but not to be religious, unless they truly believe what they have learned - surprisingly they have all turned out to be non believers

Im going to stop as I could go on all day about this and would probably offend a few people

Jw,s are ever so slightly more mental than most mainstream religions but not nearly as bad as Mormons - they are Bat Sh*t crazy
    Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      There's an older guy who is keeping the JW movement alive where I live. He's been around for years and still comes around at least once a month with a bunch of six or so who hit the street en masse, although I never seem to see the same people twice in his 'crowd'. I don't answer the door. People can believe what they want but I really don't agree with folk knocking on doors and trying to convert people to their beliefs.
      Central Manchester sometimes seems full of lay preachers, most fairly harmless, but one is a real headcase sounding off all sorts of crackpot stuff through a loudspeaker.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Do they ever get people knocking on their doors?
        Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
          Do they ever get people knocking on their doors?
          Possibly the Mormons...

JW are not allowed to read the books or magazines produced by other religions. Some local Muslims take delight in posting leaflets about Islam (mostly in relation to Christianity) and Qu'rans through the letterboxes of JW in their suburb but they never read them and view it as harrassment.

Comment

Working...
          X