Buses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Buses

green livery ulster transport leyland tiger bus at bangor northern ireland -
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

A service that ran its last in 2009 was the 'Trossachs Trundler", latterly run with less-historic buses than this lovely Bedford OB, long-owned by Vista ..

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

RT2775, the only survivor of the trio of buses that undertook a major tour of the United States and Canada in 1952 has been very carefully restored by the London Bus Preservatio

Comment

Here's a treat for those like me who are fans of the iconic Leyland National bus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbbdSW0K7UY
            Last edited by Twocky61; 22-04-2017, 17:24. Reason: Spelling Correction
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Anybody remember the Bristol VR ?

This particular bus is owned by the Cardiff Transport Preservation Group. It was photographed by myself at Porth Depot in March 2016. It had just been for its annual MOT.
              Attached Files
              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  A service that ran its last in 2009 was the 'Trossachs Trundler", latterly run with less-historic buses than this lovely Bedford OB, long-owned by Vista ..

Alex Cars (actually coaches not cars lol) of Cirencester has one of these they use for their annual charity day mystery tour. Last one was £15 per ticket the proceeds going to Macmillan Cancer
                  Last edited by Twocky61; 24-04-2017, 08:50. Reason: Additional Text
                  sigpic
                  Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post

Anybody remember the Bristol VR ?

This particular bus is owned by the Cardiff Transport Preservation Group. It was photographed by myself at Porth Depot in March 2016. It had just been for its annual MOT.
                    Yes i remember the Bristol VR, Ribble bus had them, and then North Western (1986) took over and the Bristol VR lasted until the mid 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      What about school buses? We had these in my comprehensive years...

Panorama Elite III

Used to go on school trips on these, They were like greenhouses in the summer with no AC. I remember the soggy sandwiches.

Comment

Originally posted by DSCOMAN View Post
                        Baggsy the back seat !
                        Ah the fights we used to have over who was getting the back seat. LOL.

Comment

BELOW 002 (EJI 8221) is seen here at the WELB’s former depot at Mountfield Road, Omagh. Following accident damage, this vehicle has received a much simplified front panel.

BELOW
                          The 3 T-types were frequent visitors to Belfast when new, and EJI 9206 is seen in Glengall Street during the early 1980s.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          1001 (EJI 7136) seen here at the WELB’s former depot Mountfield Road, Omagh. By the time this photograph was taken the coach seats, toilet and wheelchair lift had been removed..

-
                          The 3 T-types were frequent visitors to Belfast when new, and EJI 9206 is seen in Glengall Street during the early 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            RT2775, the only survivor of the trio of buses that undertook a major tour of the United States and Canada in 1952 has been very carefully restored by the London Bus Preservatio

My dad used to drive a bus exactly like this one in the late 60s-early 70s, he worked out of Weaste bus depot in Manchester, he had six kids so had to quit shift work but he always spoke fondly of his days as a bus driver
                            Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Any objections if I transfer this to TRIP DOWM MEMORY LANE thread.

Comment

We had these buses plying Sydney streets in the 70s/80s. Not sure but I think they were the Brit Leyland model.
                                The last Atlantean double-decked buses were decomissioned in 1986.

Comment

Working...
                                X