Upcycling old Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcycling old Furniture

Does anyone upcycle and paint old furniture rather than chucking it out for brand new.

Re: Upcycling old Furniture

Wasn't even aware "Upcycling" was a word, but yes, I have

Comment

My sister in law has done this, my parents old TV cabinet was given shabby chic makeover by her.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
        My sister in law has done this, my parents old TV cabinet was given shabby chic makeover by her.
        Thats what its all about th shabby chic look.We have been watching that programme French Collection,where 3 people go to France with antiques expert Mark Franks,are giving 800 euros to spend and upcycle their items they buy in the flea markets.Come back to the Uk and sell their items to make a profit in the UK

Comment

I did it with some bookshelves to match my kids bedroom a few years back but technically I just repainted them in an off white colour. They looked really good. I always love seeing what people have done with their stuff. People can be really creative. Id love to have the patience to make something nice myself. I have been known to remove things from skips but I tend to abandon projects

Comment

Why chuck things out if you dont like the colour dark brown,cheaper to paint it than buying brand new.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
              Thats what its all about th shabby chic look.We have been watching that programme French Collection,where 3 people go to France with antiques expert Mark Franks,are giving 800 euros to spend and upcycle their items they buy in the flea markets.Come back to the Uk and sell their items to make a profit in the UK
              We have a similar programme here called "Flea Market Flip." And some of the results are quite cringeworthy.

Comment

Ok some stuff they choose they will leave well alone only give it a clean up,but then others will paint an item to hide the old nasties like woodworm.Its a good programme but haggling to get the price down with French sellers can be challenging

Comment

Here's an example of my upcycling. Giving a military look to an old chest of drawers.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X