No announcement yet.

ITV thriller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well it was a Carry On film the last proper one too, and dire as well, sad that the great, legendary series had to end on such a low point.

Comment

Re: ITV thriller

The scary fairground opening suggests it's "Journey to the Unknown", a TV series made by Hammer in the late sixties, which was repeated by some ITV regions in the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
        There was an 70s ITV series called Thriller by Brian Clemens and very good it was too.

Network do a box set and there's more info here - THRILLER [1970s television series]
        Yep ,the original series was circa 1973.I was nine at the time.I think it was on Saturday evening.The start was enough to put the frighteners on you before it even got started.Disturbing music and a picture of a distorted ghostly house (a convex misted image I think).

Comment

As mentioned by a previous poster, this was almost certainly "Journey to the Unknown" from 1968. The earliest I can remember it being repeated is 1977/1978, late on ITV ATV, though I expect it was repeated before that date.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecwd_Ww8tHQ

Comment

Thanks. A very creepy titles sequence with that haunting whistling.

Comment

Working...
              X