• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Stephen Lewis (Blakey)

RIP Stephen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33914037

Re: RIP Stephen Lewis (Blakey)

Very sad news. I loved on tne buses as a child, not only did I like watching it but we use to 'play' it after we watched. We had high sleeper cabin beds and two old steering wheels my Dad had saved off two old cars. We would pretend our beds were double deckers and off we went picking up our passengers!!! The high beds were perfect buses .......RIP Stephen
    Heather

Comment

Sad to hear old blakey has passed away.He always dressed and looked old even when he was younger

Comment

Sad news.

He was 12 years younger than Reg Varney but you couldn't really tell watching On The Buses.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Real sad to hear.

He also was in last of the summer wine.
          R i p stephen.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Stephen was also in Last of the Summer Wine

A total legend

RIP Stephen xx
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Was it true that Blakey was supposed to be a parody of Hitler? I know that Harper called him that in the series and at least in one of the films (Mutiny)? I suppose that mostly he was just a parody of assertive bus inspectors back then - do we still have those now I wonder?

In the Mutiny film he was great with those scenes where Butler and Harper retuned the radio control machine, and Blakey was radioing to the police and an airline pilot, thinking that he would get in contact with the bus drivers, even though it was a rehashed sketch from a 1970 Buses episode.

I thought it was ironic in that case that Michael Sheard was in the final Buses series, considering he played Hitler as well.
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I reckon Blakey was styled om Hitler subliminally
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                X