I wish Freeview channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Freeview channel

I wish a new channel on Freeview was introduced with all 60s & 70s programmes all day eg

Avengers
    Prisoner
    Man from Uncle
    Champions
    Randall & Hopkirk
    Persuaders
    Jason King

Re: I wish Freeview channel

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
    I wish a new channel on Freeview was introduced with all 60s & 70s programmes all day eg

Avengers
    Prisoner
    Man from Uncle
    Champions
    Randall & Hopkirk
    Persuaders
    Jason King
    20 years ago Bravo was like that, & Granada Plus had a lot of ITV oldies.

ITV4 is probably the nearest at the moment.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      20 years ago Bravo was like that, & Granada Plus had a lot of ITV oldies.

ITV4 is probably the nearest at the moment.
      Maybe they should have an ITV5 also another one too the list is The Saint

Comment

All the old ITC series and perhaps some early stuff like Robin Hood and the rest of the old swashbuckler shows from back then, i guess the problem comes down to copyrights and legal stuff.
        A few channels i checkout from time to time thru Sky are FOTV, SHOWBIZ TV, TALKING PICTURES TV, INFO TV, just scroll down the epg and some little treasures might appear.
        Often thought ITV could use its huge archive for a late night 1.00am to 5.00am slot to air these oldies instead of the gaming show, repeats of jeremy kyle and nightscreen.
        btw if you have a smart tv Youtube have nearly everything you want full episodes ad' free.

Comment

When ITV first went 24 hours they did show some oldies at night, & in the 1990s the BBC bought a load of them.

I'm guessing as the original contracts were made before repeats became a common thing all the actors are able to claim a fair amount of royalties, which limits the amount they can be shown.

Comment

would be good have a channel for these a channel for all shows that you don't see any more be great
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Originally posted by xmark1234 View Post
              would be good have a channel for these a channel for all shows that you don't see any more be great
              Yes I couldnt agree more.In our household we watch more old programmes than new dont make them like they used to

Comment

We need a channel dedicated solely to TOTP
                it is shown on bbc4 but due to Yewtree, it's currently off air and certain shows don't get aired.

They really need to just edit out ALL the presenters and just show the music

Comment

I would like to see all the Old Grey Whistle Test shown with Whispering Bob

Comment

Reckon most of the really old shows on the channels i mentioned are in the public domain so are cheap to air, like Dragnet, Cisco kid, Dustys trail,some still are entertaining i like One step beyond, kinda like Twilight Zone.
                    Only problem watching these old progs' is they can never live up to how you fondly remember them so what i tend to do is see the opening credits/theme music and leave it at that.

Comment

Most of the oldies I've seen again have lived up to my expectation, eith from memories or for things I didn't see by reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                        I would like to see all the Old Grey Whistle Test shown with Whispering Bob

yeah !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fynger View Post
                          yeah !!!!
                          BBC4 did show a few "Best Of" compilations, but a run of full shows like the have been doing with TOTP would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                            BBC4 did show a few "Best Of" compilations, but a run of full shows like the have been doing with TOTP would be great.
                            The xmas edition of 1987 was good where Bob chose his favourite song and artists of 70s & 80s.We did have it on vhs video but my daughter wore it out playing it so much

Comment

we dont have a TV tho..... :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X