'Look in' magazine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Look-in

I think I may be at a disadvantage on here because lots of things didnt reach me in the westcountry, (deliverence land)
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Re: The Look-in

Thought you might like this thread
      https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/o...2767-look.html

also some information on our main website
      http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/look-in-magazine
      Heather

Comment

Re: 'Look in' magazine....

I bought a Look In from a charity shop years ago, it was from 1988, tattered and only cost 10p. I still got it.

Comment

loved that mag look in and smash hits use to cut pages out with the songs on then try to sing the song hahahahaha
          The Damned

Comment

There used to be one called Record Mirror, renamed RM at one point. They gave away a stiff vinyl 45 once on the cover which I've probably still got. They used to have dance music charts inside with the BPM's (Beats per Minute) next to the title and a little message saying that they were timed by hand! They had small ads for DJ mixes on cassette and I bought a few. Still got them I think. I bought a mix of a new type of music called "House Music" out of curiosity about 1985, a year later half the tracks in it were in the Top 40.

Comment

I loved Look-in, used to get it delivered. I remember winning a pair of adidas trainers in one of their competitions, the 1st prize had been a ghetto blaster - gutted I never won that. I think they must have printed my name and full address amongst the winners in a later issue, as I got a few people write to me asking to be their penpals - I remember my Mum wasn't best pleased lol.

I recently bought a mint copy of ebay for a £1, still had the free Jungle book stickers intact inside.

Comment

look in magazine

can you still buy these

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Re: look in magazine

'Look In' has long since ceased publication, BUT you can buy old copies on eBay. Prices vary according to year and content- ones that include new graphic serials, or exclusive interviews with stars, tend to be more expensive than others, but you can get fairly run of the mill old copies for about £3 or so.

Comment

There was an oversized, hardcover book called 'The Best of Look-In' published a few years ago which is well worth tracking down.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                      There was an oversized, hardcover book called 'The Best of Look-In' published a few years ago which is well worth tracking down.
                      I bought it. Great fun. But I heard there was a second one! Not found it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                        I bought it. Great fun. But I heard there was a second one! Not found it yet.
                        I'm not sure if there was a second one, but they certainly released thefirst with two different covers, one with a red background, the other yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by tony ingram View Post
                          I'm not sure if there was a second one, but they certainly released thefirst with two different covers, one with a red background, the other yellow.
                          Ar, that might be it then. I have the red one. Wonderful memories.

Comment

There is a second 'Look-in' book that covers the 1980's, it has a blue cover. You should be able to find it on ebay etc quite cheap. I have a spare copy if you are Interested though.

Comment

Originally posted by Retro Ghoul View Post
                              There is a second 'Look-in' book that covers the 1980's, it has a blue cover. You should be able to find it on ebay etc quite cheap. I have a spare copy if you are Interested though.
                              Ooh, I didn't know that! I think I may have to think seriously about that...

Comment

Look In magazine 1992-scans

Hi

I still have this Look In magazine from March 1992. Not sure if anyone would be interested in seeing any inside pages? Briefly, theres a 'have you heard' section, a section with Jason Donovan, a Bill and Ted comic strip, an Adams family fact section and poster, a cadburys parrot comic strip, a baywatch poster, a rocketeer poster with a bit about it, a rozalla poster, an 'Army of lovers' band interview, a Phil Tufnell poster with a facts bit, a scooby doo comic strip, a garfield comic strip, and various adverts. If anyone wants to see any of these pages, let me know : )
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X