King of British comics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: King of British comics??

Like Daz's original post I bought/swapped any comic around at the (my)time, including the Bunty and Judy from my sister!!! Probably the Victor was my fav although the Eagle came and went in its last throes of publication. 2000Ad was toward the end of my comic years( found birds and beer) and could never compare to DC and Marvel IMO. Also remember a short lived comic which featured all the Gerry Anderson series( Fireball Super car IRO, etc) think it was called TV comic or TV 2000? This was a glossy coloured publication well ahead of the opposition at the time.
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

TV21 was the name of the comic, way kool it was too featuring mainly Gerry Anderson series but........
      ....even had Star Trek, the Saint and a few others in it also.

Comment

Great find oggy, any on e-bay?
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe be, I know you can get the annuals on there.which are kool.

Comment

Look guys, I know it is outside of the 70's - 90's era this site is meant to cover, but as far as I am concerned there has NEVER been a comic to compare with TV Century 21. The early issues (cover date 2065, although around our way we got them a little early...er, 100 years early, to be precise) were the most brilliant British comics EVER...Thunderbirds, Stingray, Fireball XL5, the Daleks on the back page (I remember that they published a special issue (issue 28) to tie-in with the release of the film Dr. Who and the Daleks in 1965, and they had a competition in which you could win a REAL Dalek from the film. Imagine that!!! I often wonder whether the winners of that competition still have those Daleks today...

Comment

wow, i'm impressed i wanted to buy a Dalek, you can for about £5000, so i settled for an inflatable one, Dalek that is.........

Comment

original 2000ad TV ad
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2-iebBjKcf8

Comment

Working...
                X