Timex wrist watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timex wrist watch

Did anyone else have one of these Timex wrist watches? It was handy for learning to tell the time when growing up.

Attached Files

Re: Timex wrist watch

Yes John I remember them; the cheapest watch you could buy back then

Or even cheaper than Timex watches were those in those bubble gum style vending machines. More kids toys than a real watch, though IIRC they did actually run as a watch
    sigpic
    Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I do remember them, the earlier version c.1975, did not have the red and blue on the face. It was only the normal numerals.
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I think I had something very similar by Timex with a black strap.
        Now I usually wear a Tag Heuer. However, I do wear a Tinex Expedition i I travel places that I fell may be insecure!

Comment

Reminds me of Flik-Flak (or whatever it was called) - that watch which helped children to tell the time.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I remember there was one watch that could be programmed with alarms & reminders by holding in next to a computer screen running the right software, which would cause the screen to flash the data across to the watch.

Not good if you have photosensitive health problems!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

My first ti,ex was in the 70s, was a kid's watch with a plain white face with the glow in the dark dots by the numbers, i can't remember if it had the date on it or not. It had a simple brown leather strap, my brother had the same watch but with the black face and black strap.

Comment

Wasn't 'Ticker Timex' the ad slogan?
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                  Wasn't 'Ticker Timex' the ad slogan?
                  I think that Jimmy Jones song was used in adverts - Good Timin'
                  I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                  There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

They had a clever advertising slogan: There's no time like the present, there's no present like a Timex. I quite liked that one!
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                    X