Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Gideons

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    I am trying to remember but I think the Psalms were also included. It was quite a small book, about pocket-diary size and nowhere near as thick as the standard Bible containing both testaments.
    That's how I remember them. The pages were like tracing paper (or "Izal" toilet paper, lol,), so exceptionally light and thin the overall size was exactly that of a pocket diary or address book, but about four times as thick.

Comment

Re: The Gideons

They used to vary in colour and size - some were bright red while others could be burgundy or even purple or brown. Older editions were a darker or red or brown, while newer ones were a brighter red - they had around 300 pages inside them.

We had someone come from Gideon International one Friday morning in November 1989 during our Humanities lesson to talk about the Gideon bible which I was familiar with because my sister had one. We all got one at the end of the lesson in which we wrote our names inside the book. I suppose that Gideon was just another branch of Christianity just like the Mormons, the Baptists, Methodists and so on, and I have stayed in quite a few hotel rooms with them on the side shelf next to the bed, if it wasn't a Good News bible there instead.

And yes, the pages were like tissue paper as well - very thin indeed.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
      X