"Grunters" in the gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Grunters" in the gym

I had to come off the treadmill today before I peed myself laughing. I was just trying not to look but I couldn't help it and i didnt want my face smashed in for giggling. There was a man using loose weights and really psyching himself up in the mirror. I thought he was going to punch his own reflection at one point. It's really gross when you can hear every single man grunt over your headphones. Has anyone else come across these angry guys snarling away at themselves and if so how do you manage to exit discreetly? Really, is there any need for it?

Re: "Grunters" in the gym

I take it you're not a fan of ladies' tennis...
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

But this was like watching a chewed up toffee on steroids and I'm sure I manage to avoid doing lady squeals every time I lift the exact same weights.

Comment

One of my personal hates is steroid takers as far as I'm concerned they are all a bunch of cheats who walk around the gym with this air of everybody look at me, as for the grunting yes it is just another sign of these people wanting attention.

Comment

It can be funny cant it.

A bit of grunting is ok but if it gets to the point where it looks like he is gonna explode u just have to either laugh out loud or go outside and let it out of you.:d

Originally posted by littlelen View Post
          i had to come off the treadmill today before i peed myself laughing. I was just trying not to look but i couldn't help it and i didnt want my face smashed in for giggling. There was a man using loose weights and really psyching himself up in the mirror. I thought he was going to punch his own reflection at one point. It's really gross when you can hear every single man grunt over your headphones. Has anyone else come across these angry guys snarling away at themselves and if so how do you manage to exit discreetly? Really, is there any need for it?
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I go to Gym but only occasionally and this is one of the reasons as you mention Littlen

I mean I find you have to either join them (in being a so-called Alpha there) or not and then it is almost like PE was at School with the best sporty guys competing etc. Sorry I am unsure what to say, par play things "their way"

80sChav

Comment

Its pretty expensive to join a gym and unless u do a full year ur wasting ur money you paid for a full year.

Gyms can also be pretty intimidating as ive found out when i went to one.
              You feel everyone is watching you if ur new.

Id rater exercise on my own than join a gym.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I've given up going to the gym.

Mostly because I wasn't getting my money's worth even though I was paying month by month.

Also the air-con was hardly turned on so it wasn't fun to go there in the summer, & only the bare minimum of maintenance to the place was carried out.

This meant the changing rooms were often a bit pungent, no thanks to people using lockers as bins, & equipment being broken for months at a time.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                X