Larry Grayson's Generation Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry Grayson's Generation Game

Larry Grayson's Generation Game has got to be the happiest TV memory of my life. Absolutely hilarious. Larry didn't even have to open his mouth to make me fall into hysterics. Isla was the icing on the cake! So beautiful. What I loved about it was they were a TEAM, unlike Bruce and Anthea, who was there merely for display. Who can forget the brilliant 'Saturday Night Fever' game that Larry and Isla had a bash at?! Dated it may be but, boy, do I get a kick out of seeing those old, nostalgic TV sets, record players, and other then modern household appliances on the conveyor belt and as prizes! New Year's Eve, 1979. Running out in the street, the worst for drink (yeah, ok, I was under-age, but, as Larry would say, 'I don't care, hey-ho!'!), shouting out 'I'm in love with Larry and Isla!' and getting cheers from the folks at the nearby pub! Happy days! I only wish they would release all these on DVD. I have a few old videos recorded off Challenge. It was, and still is, such an under-rated game show. I would also love to find any glossy photos of Larry and Isla from the show. This seems fruitless in the age of the internet. Yes, I know there are plenty of photos I can download but I want the real McCoy ... Can anyone help, please? I'd be really grateful.
    Have a gay day and shut that door!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Re: Larry Grayson's Generation Game

Just download the pics you want and print them onto glossy photo paper

Comment

Cheers, Cooldeeblue! I probably would do that if I had a printer compatible with my laptop. I have one old printer but when I bought this new laptop it doesn't connect with it and I can't afford a new one. Though, if that's the only way I'm going to get photos, I'll have to invest. Ideally, I'd love original autographed photos of Larry and Isla, but that's like finding a needle in a haystack:cry:Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it
      sigpic
      Times Square

Comment

Not sure if this would be a suitable substitute .... worth a look though
        http://www.amazon.co.uk/GRAYSON-GENE.../dp/B00RQV78W4

Comment

Larry grayson real name william sulley white.

I have memories of it but i was very young at the time it was more bruce doing it i remember.
          From what i do remember larrys generation game was great stuff.
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Cheers for that, Cooldeepblue, but I have seen that signed photo on Amazon. I don't think it's good enough for £25 or else I'd have splashed out. I've looked on Amazon and Ebay for Larry and Isla photos, autographs ... nowtI do have a signed photo of Larry from his Generation Game days and got to meet him at a book signing at Waterstones in Birmingham in about 1980, managed to take a nice photo of him. A truly lovely man. I wish I had more on Isla and to have met her, wow, that would've been something! Got lots of her old/recent records and books of the couple of TV series she made, and an autographed CD, signed to someone else but better than nothingI guess I sound greedy wanting so much stuff but I am crazy about Larry and Isla as that show holds so many happy memories and the best time in my life. Arh, those simple days of the 70s! Thank you, again
            sigpic
            Times Square

Comment

Hi, darren! I think I love Larry Grayson's Generation Game more because it seemed so much more fun and carefree, and Larry and Isla were a great team. Plus, Larry always had me rolling on the floor with laughter! My all time fave comedian. Yes, born William Sulley White and grew up in Nuneaton. I enjoyed Bruce's Generation Game a lot but I suppose I remember more about Larry'sThe worst that happened to it was Jim Davidson
              sigpic
              Times Square

Comment

Hi all, NOT GG, but Larry on Good Old Days still available to watch free on BBC iplayer- Hurry only days left - Larry singing about bicycles and mentioning his all his cycling 'friends' 3/2/16

Comment

AH YES JIM DAVIDSON INDEED.

JIM WASNT A PATCH ON EITHER LARRY OR BRUCIE.

YES LARRY WAS QUITE A CHARACTER

https://youtu.be/otStnub53YM

Originally posted by Rollingstone88 View Post
                  Hi, darren! I think I love Larry Grayson's Generation Game more because it seemed so much more fun and carefree, and Larry and Isla were a great team. Plus, Larry always had me rolling on the floor with laughter! My all time fave comedian. Yes, born William Sulley White and grew up in Nuneaton. I enjoyed Bruce's Generation Game a lot but I suppose I remember more about Larry'sThe worst that happened to it was Jim Davidson
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Oh, my goodness, YES..."Look at the muck in 'ere!"
                    We don't stop playing because we get old. We get old because we stop playing.

Comment

Larry was my favourite GG presenter. He and Isla made a really good team. We just didn't realise at the time just how lucky we were having shows like GG on saturday nights. I would choose watching a 1979 edition of the GG with Larry and Isla any day over all these z list celebrities dancing that we have to endure now. By all accounts, Larry was also a really nice bloke. Does anyone remember him turning up on Crossroads as the chauffeur at Meg and Hugh's wedding?

Comment

This used to be compulsory family viewing for my family. I must be a bit older though as for us it was Bruce Forsyth's generation game, who came before Larry.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Does it count as reliving my childhood if I've never grown up?

Comment

"Shut that door" as camp as John Inman in Are You Being Served saying "I'm free"
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I've been re-watching some of Larry's Generation Game episodes that aired on Challenge and what a joy it was seeing them all again. Larry was the King of High Camp and his jokes about his imaginary friends Slack Alice and Everard amongst others made me laugh a lot. He and Isla made a wonderful team together. In a world where there is a lot of offensive comedians these days, it's nice looking back at a time where people like Larry didn't need to lower themselves to get families laughing back home. Just a knowing look or Larry saying something like "such a nice boy" would get people rolling in their seats.

Comment

Working...
                            X