Cafe and Diners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe and Diners

As a kid growing up I remember those orange juice machine by the counters that used to go round and round.Bottles of fanta orange,coca cola bottles,Limeade in a bottle.Or those strawberry milk shakes you used to have in the wimpy.It never tasted the same in the house with nesquick.Those chunky juke boxes the red chairs to sit on with black & white squares on the floor.It was great to have a treat now and again.

Re: Cafe and Diners

Sometimes i think they tasted better cause u enjoyed them better because perhaps u went to a cafe when out on a day trip..

Wasnt mad about nesquick..
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      Sometimes i think they tasted better cause u enjoyed them better because perhaps u went to a cafe when out on a day trip..

Wasnt mad about nesquick..
      I think it tasted a bit powdery and I mean we didnt have the gaget to make a creamy milkshake in our homes like what they used in diners etc

Comment

There was a cafe like this in the Manchester Arndale Centre well into the 1990s, but looking like something from the turn of the 1980s.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Remember those squeezy plastic bottles filled with tomato or brown sauce I am sure there was one for mustard too.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            As a kid growing up I remember those orange juice machine by the counters that used to go round and round.Bottles of fanta orange,coca cola bottles,Limeade in a bottle.Or those strawberry milk shakes you used to have in the wimpy.It never tasted the same in the house with nesquick.Those chunky juke boxes the red chairs to sit on with black & white squares on the floor.It was great to have a treat now and again.

Indeed amethyst - I recall these so well too. In my then Home Town we had one or 2 Cafe's - they had a reputation for being rubbish for everything else par the drinks. It was the same too in a suburb Town of that Town - one on the edge of the Market was a right run-down dump but still good in it's own way!! It was almost like the one on Only fools and horses in a way!

Luckily in a Town fairly near my now Home Town they still have a Wimpy and it still is similar (decor-wise) to the Wimpy's of old and the ones who tried to copy them as too it is with it's menu (how it is laid out0 but the price is way over the top for meals there now I feel - though on good day's monatry-wise I guess I will still go in!!

Comment

LIKE THESE.

Remember those squeezy plastic bottles filled with tomato or brown sauce I am sure there was one for mustard too.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Yes they did but I am sure a tomato sauce bottle had a shape of a beef tomato

Comment

The "Queen's Own Ketchup" wielded by Richie in the classic chess fight bit from "Bottom" comes to mind.
                  They're playing chess with a chess set missing many of the pieces which they substitute with bits and bobs including a tomato-shaped ketchup bottle.
                  Last edited by victorbrunswick; 05-03-2016, 18:40.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                    The "Queen's Own Ketchup" wielded by Richie in the classic chess fight bit from "Bottom" comes to mind.
                    They're playing chess with a chess set missing many of the pieces which they substitute with bits and bobs including a tomato-shaped ketchup bottle.
                    I remember that episode.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think the rebooted Wimpys still have those...
                      Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
                      X