Days out to the seaside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Days out to the seaside

Memories of day trips to the seaside with maybe a sunday school trip.Something we always looked forward to,when we went it always was a sunny warm day the excitement to get off the coach and head straight to the beach,making sandcastles then putting those flags you could buy from one of the kiosks around.Paddling in the sea jumping over waves,then when a huge one would appear the rush to get back on the wet sand before the wave would get you.Getting chips for lunch,an ice cream cone to follow mr whippy with raspberry sauce and a flake simple things that made us happy.

Re: Days out to the seaside

Great memories indeed.

Never did we go anywhere with our sunday school far as i can remember.

But i sure remember doing all them things you mention such wonderfully happy times.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      Great memories indeed.

Never did we go anywhere with our sunday school far as i can remember.

But i sure remember doing all them things you mention such wonderfully happy times.

Normally on a sunny day the beach would be packed,the deckchairs would be out in force

Comment

We lived quite near the seaside, I preferred the Arcades to the beach.

We used to spend Summer Holidays at Caister and Yarmouth so the beaches there were nice and sandy. Used to play in the Sand Dunes then, when you were allowed to. Rock Pools were a favourite.

I'm still not much of a beach person, which is a shame as we have some lovely ones here in Australia. Big sandy beches that go for miles, you can walk for hours in one direction and only see a handful of people sometimes in the less busy ones.

Comment

Oh yes the arcades and the fun fair was also a day to remember

Comment

WE WENT TO BANGOR A LOT BUT NOW THE BEACH NO LONGER EXISTS.

I LOVED THE SMELL OF THE SEAWEED WALKING THRU IT.
            LOVED THE SMELL OF IT AS I WALKED ALONG THE EDGE OF THE WATER.

PORTRUSH WAS ANOTHER FAVE.

Comment

Nice photo darren yes the smell of seaweed was really portent really calming by the coast

Comment

I've been to Portrush when I visited my family in Ireland

Travelled up the coast road through Antrim - really scenic and some beautiful beaches in some of the small towns along the way
                Age is just a number - If yours bothers you stop counting

Comment

PROB MY FAVE NEWCASTLE CO DOWN.

SPENT SO MANY HAPPY TIMES HERE WITH MY UNCLE WHO LIVES THERE.

Comment

Great beaches in Devon when I was growing up - sadly, we didn't live anywhere near the coast!
                    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Originally posted by zabadak View Post
                      Great beaches in Devon when I was growing up - sadly, we didn't live anywhere near the coast!
                      Cornwall too

Comment

I well remember days out at the seaside. Barry Island and Porthcawl being the usual. Cheese and tomato sandwiches, hard boiled eggs (wrapped up well in newspaper!). Orange squash in a large bottle. A couple of times, when going with the club or chapel, it would rain. Strangely, the day before we went, the sun would be blazing. The day after, the sun would be blazing. On the actual day out, rain would be tamping down!
                        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by marc View Post
                          I well remember days out at the seaside. Barry Island and Porthcawl being the usual. Cheese and tomato sandwiches, hard boiled eggs (wrapped up well in newspaper!). Orange squash in a large bottle. A couple of times, when going with the club or chapel, it would rain. Strangely, the day before we went, the sun would be blazing. The day after, the sun would be blazing. On the actual day out, rain would be tamping down!
                          The car park would be full of coaches

Comment

Not through church or whatever but the local mams would get together and hire a bus for a trip to the coast a few times during the summer hols. Whitley bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth and South Shields. Always remember building a little table out of sand to put the fish and chips on and once everyone spreading out and siftimg through the sand to find some young womans wedding ring and it did get found!!. Later the metro made it easier and we'd go on our own on late summer nights (Dire straits's "Tunnel of love" neatly sums it up) then older friends would take cars up to Bamburgh, Beadnell etc, nothing like a fire on the beach to sit round and chat with friends.
                            Last edited by havasack; 10-11-2015, 00:21.

Comment

The above coach form the company Hill's of Tredegar, would often be seen on days out at Barry and Porthcawl during the 1970s and 1980s. Coaches from various parts of Wales and England could often be seen parked up in the coach parks of these two popular seaside resorts.
                              Attached Files
                              Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                              X