Copycats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copycats.

Does anyone remember this brilliant series, starring Jessica Martin and Bobby Davro, among others? I really wish it would get a DVD release as it's never repeated, and I don't think it ever has been(?). Jessica, especially, was an amazing comedienne who should have gone on to have her own series. But, even with so many females breaking into comedy in the 80s, it still didn't open many doors for future comediennes. So sad. No wonder Tracey Ullman went to the USABut, so good that Jessica is still a talented, versatile actress/entertainer/writer/artist ... you name it, she can do it! But, it would be so nice to see her at her peak again on 'Copycats' to remind us of those uplifting days of family orientated 80s comedy
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Times Square

Re: Copycats.

I remember it yeah. Jessica was/is very talented - she was brilliant in the 1988 Doctor Who story The Greatest Show In The Galaxy
    ​https://www.change.org/p/the-bbc-repeat-your-treasure-trove-of-single-drama-such-as-play-for-today-and-screen-one-on-bbc4-now

Comment

Re: Copycats.

I never watched Jessica in Doctor Who. I'll have to try to get to see it. I'm more into her early 80s TV shows/appearances. I also followed her theatre career over the years. And she's also a brilliant singer! I've got a rare CD she made, so good. She's now writing comic books. No end to her talents
      sigpic
      Times Square

Comment

Working...
      X