• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: chewing gum

Freshen Up

Comment

Freshen up wasnt the one i was thinking of. They were all different colours and fruit flavours, cube shaped more like bubble gum, but with a liquid center. when you bit into them the goo in the middle would squirt out, quite pleasnt i seem to remember!

Comment

Originally posted by leethev View Post
        Freshen up wasnt the one i was thinking of. They were all different colours and fruit flavours, cube shaped more like bubble gum, but with a liquid center. when you bit into them the goo in the middle would squirt out, quite pleasnt i seem to remember!

If its not Freshen Up then its got to be Bubbaloo ?

Comment

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

i know what gum your talking about, we used to call it germalene gum as well, although that wasn't its proper name, i remember the yellow & blue smileyface tattoo's! they should have reissued it during the acid craze of the 90's!

Comment

I seem to have a vague reccolection of a circular pink bubble gum with a hole in the middle that you could whistle through?
            sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

I remember it too..was it not connected to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in some way? or did I dream that bit or maybe I happened to be eating some when I watched it,as they have always been connected in my mind.
              Anyone remember those small sticks of soft licorice flavored chew which were black and came with a small plastic "jolly roger" flag?
              Last edited by sixtyten; 12-03-2007, 01:23.

Comment

Hi Wasn't it ANGLO Bubblies that had the hole ?

Comment

lol look what i found when looking for the bubble gum with tattoo of smiley in..........still dunno what it was called lol but these golf ball ones take me back

larger image

larger image

GOLF BALL BUBBLEGUM BALLS

£1.75

Delicious mildly minty bubblegum balls that look like little golf balls. These will really take you back!
                  sigpic

Comment

Wasn't Anglo,they were big fat pink ones.
                    These ones with the hole came in a small singular clear packet,and were a little larger than a polo
                    Last edited by sixtyten; 12-03-2007, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                      Wasn't Anglo,they were big flat pink ones.
                      These ones with the hole came in a small singular clear packet,and were a little larger than a polo

Aye thats them, I seem to remember also that instead of being chewy from the start they broke up in bits in your gob at first then you sort of got the bits together and then it was chewy and it was a slightly different flavor to the normal pink bubble gum's. Now what were they called?
                      sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

well done woffski, that was the one we were thinking of (or not as the case may be!)

Comment

was bubbaloo the ones with the free tattoos?
                          sigpic

Comment

I remember eating wintergreen flavour Lifesavers in the USA about 8 years ago & thinking yuck! they taste like that germoline bubbly when I was a kid, so I guess there was something but I cant recall what the wrapper looked like as I never liked the taste of real germoline let alone a sweet that was supposed to taste like it

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                                Just found one on the Net!!
                                http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=354763

Found out they were marketed as Chu Pops and Hit Pop, thanks starting this thread!!.I had looked for them on the net before but found no info.Now I have found them on Ebay!!

I can remember these, they were a round pink quite thick bubble gum. I prefered the Bazooka bubblies to these though.
                                Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X