anyone remember these bubble gums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

I also remember a Germaline/TCP flavour gum.I quite like it reminded me of Root Beer, Who else remembers McDonalds selling rootbeer?

Also was it Big Red Chewing Gum that was really hot? in fact it made your tongue tingle, when you blew bubbles
    Heather

Comment

Anglo Space

Last edited by Heather74; 03-03-2008, 23:54.
      Heather

Comment

oh i loved that stuff, so messy and gooey, dont see much like that now,
        sigpic

Comment

Ready to bid? Next bid £210 with 10 minutes to go!!!
          Last edited by Heather74; 17-02-2008, 12:41.
          Heather

Comment

Does anyone remember the 'chewy' you got in football card packets.

Very dangerous stuff as if would break into sharp shrapnel when first bitten. I remember seeing kids with cut lips from that stuff.
            Laugh and the world laughs with you.
            But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
            sigpic

Comment

I never bothered eating it. same with the stuff in the Star Wars gum. Chucked it straight away. I'm sure the gum was only there to justify the price/sale in a sweet shop, as it was pretty inedible

Comment

I remember a bubble card that came with either a mini joke book or tattoo transfer book. Cute.

Comment

Oh I remember those too, little tiny mini books.I liked the tattoo ones the best
                  Did they not come in one of those two piece plastic balls with a round ball of gum?
                  I'd really like to see one of those books again, another thing i'd forgotten about.
                  Thanks for the memory Double

P.S Can you also remember the flick books too where the picture changes slightly on each page making it look animated ?(usually a match stick man taking a hat on and off!)
                  Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                    Oh I remember those too,little tiny mini books.Liked the tattoo ones the best Did they not come in one of those two piece plastic balls with a round ball of gum?
                    I really like to see one of those books again, another thing i'd forgotten about. Thanks for the memory Double Can you remember the tiny little flick books too? Usually a match stick man taking a hat on and off!
                    Thats ok - it's great just browsing here and seeing things lodged at the back of your brain. I used to like the tattoos book best too, used to lick your arm and place it on the desired spot - usually smudged and blurry. I have the real thing now though!
                    Can't remember what bubblegum it came with though

Comment

Dont know if its the same ones DA, but I remember getting mine out of those Bubble gum machines, the ones where you twist the handle to make the coin drop and the little plastic ball containing your "prize" drops. You'd get a round ball of gum and your little mini book inside We had a row of about three of four outside our Post office, others usually contained plastic rings or plastic watches!

A little like these
                      Heather

Comment

I recall Super Bazooka.......? You mentioned Bazooka Joe, was it the same thing, tiny rectangle gum bar - came with somekind of cartoon? I think the advert on TV was of a guy blowing a huge bubble...or it was a contest on telly at the time.

Comment

see left hand side

More of these "wacky packages" can be found following the link below, one has an advert for for Gold Rush gum and there is another one for Push Pops.

http://www.wackypackages.org/wrappers/wrappers.html
                          Heather

Comment

Gold Rush gum! Wow, that was gorgeous!

Comment

Heather

Comment

I definitely remember the tattoo bubble gum. The transfers looked all black until you wet them, then the colours appeared and nearly always smudged when you put them on.
                                The bubblegum was very thin, brittle and a whitish colour but tasted lovely!

Comment

Working...
                                X