anyone remember these bubble gums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone remember these bubble gums

i am 35,so guess it must have been around 1983/84 and remember going to the shop and buying germalene bubble gum,

it was pink or it could have been white , tasted and smelt like the anticeptic cream,think it came with a tattoo.not too sure the old grey cell is deteriorating quickly

wasn't germalene an ointment? Yucky flavor for bubble gum mind you if it was. Sounds like Bazooka Joe bubble gum......that had a ting comic strip with it, I vaguely recall other bubble gum with a tattoo, but not sure about that sorry.

Big hi, welcome to DYR, nice site you have too, funky........

Comment

I remember buying Pac-Man bubble gum. Each packet came with a game card that was a Pac-Man maze. You had to scratch off maze sections as you made your way through, and hope you did not uncover a ghost...

Comment

Wow that was kool, don't recall that, and I spent loads of money playing Pac Man in the arcades.

Comment

There was a Japanese Pac-Man player who knew the game so perfectly he played it blindfolded. I kid you not. I saw a video and it was staggering.

Comment

Thats scarey though, I bought the cheat books, with the patterns tried to learn them, failed miserably though, but loved the game, so different at the time too, simple but kool.

Comment

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

Rings a bell,was it not Dubble Bubble??.It was not actually made by Germolene,just smelt like it.I always thought Rootbeer tasted and smelt like Germolene too..
              Anyone remember a bubblegum from around 1982/3 that was pink,circular and came in a miniature album cover?? I remember buying these on holiday.
              I got a Gary Numan "Telekon" one .There were many covers to choose from
              Last edited by sixtyten; 16-01-2007, 01:21.

Comment

Just found one on the Net!!
                http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=354763

Found out they were marketed as Chu Pops and Hit Pop, thanks starting this thread!!.I had looked for them on the net before but found no info.Now I have found them on Ebay!!
                Last edited by sixtyten; 16-01-2007, 01:11.

Comment

Could it have been Dentyne? It smelt antiseptic and tasted it a bit as well. Was in small pink strips.

http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/EN/B...et_dentyne.htm
                  If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Now you're cooking that sounds eight, remember that, Tv adverts too.....?

Comment

Originally posted by rachxxuk View Post
                      i am 35,so guess it must have been around 1983/84 and remember going to the shop and buying germalene bubble gum,

it was pink or it could have been white , tasted and smelt like the anticeptic cream,think it came with a tattoo.not too sure the old grey cell is deteriorating quickly
                      Was it Bazooka Joe? remember aving the stuff in my younger days

Comment

I remember Dentine I always found it rather nice. To be honest I don't think that you could beat Bazooka, I remember the little coupons in them where you could send away for footballs, kites, watches etc. Can any one remember what the chewing gum was called that was about the same shape and size to a piece of Airways, and once you had bitten into it there was a liquid inside it, it was rather nice.
                        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Orbit Complete is identical to Dentyne.
                          Fatboy,the gum you are thinking of is Freshen Up
                          Last edited by sixtyten; 15-02-2007, 04:13.

Comment

I remember bazoooka joes with the little comic strip.... also remember Hubba bubba...the round bubble gum.. or is that the wrong name.. they sell that now dont they in packets?
                            ....don't take life so seriously...or you'll never get out alive....

Comment

chewing gum

Who knows what the bubble gum with the liquid center was called, initially i wasnt bothered after my missus was asking, now its driving me mad!
                              And does anyone rember aztec bars from the early seventies?

Comment

Working...
                              X