No announcement yet.

The Jungle book film, am I going mad?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jungle book film, am I going mad?!

Can anyone help me here...Apparently The Jungle Book (original animated film) has never been shown on UK TV. Why then, do I definitely remember watching it on TV as a kid in the late 80's?! I am going mad?? It definitely wasn't a video. I know scenes from it and know what happens so I must have seen it! Was there some kind of documentary that aired that showed long clips from the film I wonder? Thanks!

Re: The Jungle book film, am I going mad?!

Disney Time used to feature a lot of clips from their films, though normally only not too long.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by smiles7964 View Post
      Can anyone help me here...Apparently The Jungle Book (original animated film) has never been shown on UK TV. ...
      I don't think that's right. I've seen it on BBC a few times since the 1980s.

It was on TV last night in fact: http://www.radiotimes.com/tv/tv-list...2-2015%2017:00

Comment

It was on yesterday and it said it had never been shown on uk tv before.
        Is this very one the one you said u had saw in the eighties.

Very confusing aint it.

Originally posted by smiles7964 View Post
        can anyone help me here...apparently the jungle book (original animated film) has never been shown on uk tv. Why then, do i definitely remember watching it on tv as a kid in the late 80's?! I am going mad?? It definitely wasn't a video. I know scenes from it and know what happens so i must have seen it! Was there some kind of documentary that aired that showed long clips from the film i wonder? Thanks!
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I'm sure until about 15 years ago the only Disney films you saw on TV in the UK were the live action ones.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yes I am sure I watched this back in the 90's with BBC brings back so many memories.

Comment

Now im king of the swingers ohhhh I want to be like you, my favourite movie as a kid bringing back the time now.

Comment

It premiered on The Disney Channel in the UK on October 1st 1995. It was the first thing shown to open the new channel. Could it be that ?

Comment

I'm sure this has been on TV previously. I have never had Disney Channel or anything to do with Sky TV. I have definitely seen it.
                  Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Working...
                  X