Van der Graff Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Van der Graff Generator

Van Der Graff Generator were Johnny Rotten's favourite band whilst he was in The Sex Pistols.

Comment

Didn't Van der Graaf Generator do the musical piece 'Theme One' for Radio 1's signature tune when it launched in '67??

Comment

Weren't these the things that used to make your hair stand up in science lessons?
        sigpic

Comment

They were on the Charisma label (Mad Hatter) and were part of that label's drive to get their artists known through running concerts for 1p ... not bad value that

Comment

"Weren't these the things that used to make your hair stand up in science lessons?"

Yep, the very same.

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
              Maybe because no one has heard of them.........me included.
              What a Philistine

Loved VDGG ,great band, so original and Progressive. Had some of their output on TAPE (remember those ?).

OF course if you love Progressive Rock as I do you'll know that great bands from the 70's never die and VDGG are still around along with Pavlov's Dog, Uriah Heep and loads of other classic bands we used to love.

Comment

I saw Peter Hammill at The Loft in Bath several years ago. He was playing guitar with a bassist, drummer and a bloke on accordion. They were so frighteningly good, it made you want to go home and throw your own guitar in a skip. I could play guitar for a thousand years and not come anywhere near that talent.
                "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

The Least We Can Do is probably my favourite album of theirs, with Pawn Hearts a close second. Truly inventive prog-rock at its best.

Comment

Working...
                  X