Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70's Childrens Programme - Time travel - can anyone identify please? Come Back Lucy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70's Childrens Programme - Time travel - can anyone identify please? Come Back Lucy?

Hi everyone,

I've just discovered this excellent site and spent a couple of hours browsing yesterday...

I remember watching a childrens programme in the mid-late 1970s, which after looking on this forum I thought might be 'Come Back Lucy'.

It was something to do with a present day child going back to a world of 100 years previously, and the ONLY bit I remember - quite clearly - is that the child held up a 10 or 50 new pence coin and turned it around to the side with the Queen's head and date on, and instead of the date saying 1974 it said 1874. (So I guess the programme was made in 1974 or in the years shortly after). I thought it was quite scary at the time!

I looked on Youtube and could only find the programme opening titles, but I did manage to find some clips dubbed into German (under the title 'Komm zurück, Lucy' - there was only about 45 minutes in total though, whereas IMDB says there were originally 6 x 25 minute episodes.

Having watched all the German clips (at double speed!) the bit I remember isn't there.

Can anyone help?

Thanks and hope to hear from you,

adamski

Re: 70's Childrens Programme - Time travel - can anyone identify please? Come Back L

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/threads/48-come-back-lucy

Comment

Re: 70's Childrens Programme - Time travel - can anyone identify please? Come Back L

Thanks Cooldeepblue, yes I did see that thread but as I'm not sure whether I have the correct programme I thought it'd be better to post here. Not sure about forum etiquette - can I duplicate my post in that thread?

Comment

Could it be "Timeslip" 1974 itv kids show?

Comment

Timeslip was brilliant

Comment

Hi angliaknight, thanks for the suggestion. According to Wikipedia, Timeslip was made in 1970, so too early. I just had a look at an episode on Youtube which is in black & white. The programme I'm thinking of is much more like Come Back Lucy - in colour, studio-based, definite mid 70's feel. If anyone out there has a copy of Come Back Lucy and could look out for 'my' scene the next time they are watching it, that would be great! Thanks again.

Comment

IIRC Timeslip had some episodes made in B&W due to a technicians strike which meant there were no colour checkers available.

It also had a rare full repeat a few year after it was first screen so maybe you saw it then?
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by adamski View Post
                Hi angliaknight, thanks for the suggestion. According to Wikipedia, Timeslip was made in 1970, so too early. I just had a look at an episode on Youtube which is in black & white. The programme I'm thinking of is much more like Come Back Lucy - in colour, studio-based, definite mid 70's feel. If anyone out there has a copy of Come Back Lucy and could look out for 'my' scene the next time they are watching it, that would be great! Thanks again.

It's definitely not Timeslip.

Comment

By coincidence I've just watched this! It's a children's ghost series called 'Shadows', all on YouTube.
                  http://youtu.be/AHfPYy7o5OU

Comment

Originally posted by TooSoonTom View Post
                    By coincidence I've just watched this! It's a children's ghost series called 'Shadows', all on YouTube.
                    Hi TooSoonTom, many thanks for your post. I just watched the episode of Shadows you linked to on YouTube, and saw the 'coin' moment (at 17:15). I so wanted it to fit with what I remembered, but it doesn't. It might just be that my memory is playing tricks on me, but the coin in this episode of Shadows is dated 1973 and the year is on the 'tails' side (with the ring of hands). I'm really sure that the one I remember has the year on the 'heads' side, it was a UK silver decimal coin and it had 1874 where you would have expected it to be 1974. Maybe the producer of Shadows got their idea from my programme, or maybe the producer of my programme got their idea from Shadows?! Either way, my search continues...

Comment

https://youtu.be/IR7_vDrG-MQ
                      I watched the whole series a few months ago. Hope I copied the link properly.

Comment

Hi

The series was "Come Back Lucy" written by Pamela Sykes...she was a family friend and very recently passed away

Caz

Comment

Working...
                        X