Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy North

Default Roy North

Hi all,

I just signed up after several months of browsing the site. Sometimes, a track can trigger a reaction for the wrong reason. I happened to hear "2-4-6-8-motorway by Tom Robinson". Can anyone remember "Get it together"? It was on around 4.30 on ITV I reckon. Basically, Roy North (ex Basil Brush) and a female (I reckon she was called Linda, not sure though) took it in turns to cover contemporary songs of the time. Roy could murder any track to order I recall. The afore mentioned Tom Robinson track stuck out as a particular high point if my memory serves me correct. Can anyone validate? Was Roy the worst British singer since "Paul reggae like it use to be Nicholas"?

Default Re: Roy North

lets get together sounds familiar, though there was another called a handful of songs..

Welcome Danny .......Ahh Mr Roy what ever happened to him. Vague memories of the show but hey long hair and a guitar so he must have been a "pop" singer

I used to watch Get it Together, it was terrible

Hello there Danny, forgive me for not saying hello earlier, welcome aboard the good ship DYR, happy posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    lets get together sounds familiar, though there was another called a handful of songs..
    Handful of songs was a merciful ten minute show, usually 12.00 noon, before the likes of Rainbow or Pipkins took over as the "main feature". Somebody called Keith on guitar with a fit looking Maria. Much easier on the eye than Roy (Maria not Keith) but similar torture on the ears I recall.

Not to sure about Let's get together then?

Not to sure about Let's get together then?
    No, I've never heard of that one. Do you reckon it was a music show?

Red face Re: Roy North

Yep, going on from your original post..........tohufgh our memories can play tricks on us.

Yep, going on from your original post..........tohufgh our memories can play tricks on us.
    The one I started with was definitely "get it together" with the aforementioned hero Mister Roy. ITV must've had a budget problem as I don't recall any guests appearing. Roy and his sidekick would take it in turns to commit murder on the current sounds of the time. There was a similar one several years earlier called "Lift Off" or "Lift Off with Ayshea". Hosted by a dusky exotic lady, couldn't sing a note, she did a similar hatchet job! I stopped watching it when they had a special appearance by Roger Whittaker. I ask you, Roger Whittaker, "I'm gonna leave old Durham town" on a kids programme. They wouldn't allow it now.