Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prefects

Originally posted by Silver Bear View Post
    That’s a shame as I’m sure you’d have liked it.

I suspect/have a feeling that too, you would have given me consessions yer/turned an eye to things, yer mate!!?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
      I suspect/have a feeling that too, you would have given me consessions yer/turned an eye to things, yer mate!!?
      If you behave yourself, young man!

Comment

Would being a monitor be the same thing as a prefect? I was a break time monitor for three years in the early 1990s.
        I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
        There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
        I'm having so much fun
        My lucky number's one
        Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
          Would being a monitor be the same thing as a prefect? I was a break time monitor for three years in the early 1990s.
          Not at all unlike being a School Prefect for me. Being a House Prefect involved multiple duties which I have outlined above. Break time was quite short when I was at school because there was sport or other activities every afternoon. It was a good time for being lazy, talking to friends, reading the paper, etc.

Comment

Not at all unlike being a School Prefect for me. Being a House Prefect involved multiple duties which I have outlined above. Break time was quite short when I was at school because there was sport or other activities every afternoon. It was a good time for being lazy, talking to friends, reading the paper, etc.
            I was a monitor in a science lab at break times - it saved me from the playground and bullies. I liked it - it was a bit like being a security guard or indeed a prefect or a similar job like that.

I am still in touch with the teacher who had that lab as we send Christmas cards each year.
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
              I was a monitor in a science lab at break times - it saved me from the playground and bullies. I liked it - it was a bit like being a security guard or indeed a prefect or a similar job like that.

I am still in touch with the teacher who had that lab as we send Christmas cards each year.
              So sorry you were bullied mate - have a nice mid-afternoon man hug. I still exchange cards with my form master in the upper sixth who is of course very old now.

I once knew a security guard who was quite a deep thinker and read long philosophical works when he was on night duty. He loved the job.

Comment

So sorry you were bullied mate - have a nice mid-afternoon man hug. I still exchange cards with my form master in the upper sixth who is of course very old now.

I once knew a security guard who was quite a deep thinker and read long philosophical works when he was on night duty. He loved the job.
                Cheers. I am certain it happens to the best of us.
                I'm having so much fun
                My lucky number's one
                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I was a prefect in middle school. 6 boys, 6 girls from the top year. Jobs included being in charge of the doors when school opened/home time/ and playtimes, Patrolling the stairs when everyone was coming to assembly, supervising 18 classrooms during wet playtimes, (aye do the maths, 12 of us and 18 classrooms).

Comment

Working...
                  X